Santiago to Cabarete... best way???

roverken

Jun 20, 2005
I'm staying in Cabarete, but am flying into STI. What's the best way to get between the two? How long will it take? How much should I pay? Am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Sti

roverken said:
I'm staying in Cabarete, but am flying into STI. What's the best way to get between the two? How long will it take? How much should I pay? Am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!
If it were I, I would fly Aero Domca or AirSanto Domingo into POP. It is about a 30 min. flight and in the range of 50US.It depends on you time factor and money situation. Alot of people will try and sell you a combination of buses and taxis, personally I think this ends up costing more and takes alot longer. You can catch a cab to Cabarete from POP, It should not be alot of money, others here will be able to give you the exact cab fare.
Good luck, enjoy your windsailing adventure(If that's what you're doing)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think the bus would be cheaper.

Caribe Tours has a bus leaving for Sosua hourly from early morning to early evening. Take a taxi to Caribe Tours, then a bus to Sosua. Don't know the cost of the taxi, but the bus ticket will be RD$80, or about US$2.75. From Sosua to Cabarete, take a taxi. Not sure of the price, but figure RD$200-250. Figure US$8.75. Not sure what the taxi to Caribe tours costs, but I doubt if the total is going to be as much as airplane to POP, then still have a longer, more expensive taxi ride to Cabarete than you will if you take the bus to Sosua.

Figure 2 hours from the Caribe Tours bus terminal to Cabarete, including the taxi from Sosua.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Prey allow me to be a mite more serious

(A) If you come into Santiago, you have the option of taking a taxi to town (RD$450 = about $15.00), then a Caribe Tour bus to Sosua (Less than $4.00) and then a taxi over to Cabarete, which is just ten minutes away. Note: There are buses to Sosua all day until early evening.

(B) Another option is to get in touch with Roc?o at palomalinda0890@hotmail.com and ask her to have you picked up for a direct run to Cabarete for about $70.00 each way. Service is good and the guy (JJ) is punctual. You can set up the return trip at the same time.

It will take about three plus hours if you do (A) or about an hour and a half if you do (B)

Hope this helps

HB :D:D:D