Advice needed for a Newbie

asimpleguy

Jun 8, 2005
I am visiting the Dominican at the end of this month. This is my first trip in that region or anywhere south of Florida for that matter. I have read some of the threads in this forum and have found some very useful information. But I'd really appreciate some direct answers to my questions.

1. Yes, one of my goals is to meet women. If I have to spend money, so be it. My looks and general personality traits are pretty good but my women skills are below average. I have had no experience with Latina women and I do not speak Spanish except for a few words. I'll be staying in Santo Domingo for the most part. How do I meet women there? Once I do meet someone, I think I can take care of it from that point on. But what's the best way of getting things started? And what are the places do you recommend for a single guy to go alone with a good chance to meet women?

2. Do you have any advice on a nice hotel in Santo Domingo. I do not want to stay at adult only hotels. But if I do decide to bring someone, the hotel should be friendly. On that note, if nothing else works out and I do decide to get a woman who is not a full-time hooker but may do it once in a while, what are the best ways of going about it?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the idea of this forum and there is a lot of good information here.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
asimpleguy said:
2. On that note, if nothing else works out and I do decide to get a woman who is not a full-time hooker but may do it once in a while, what are the best ways of going about it?

Lots of foreplay always works. :laugh:

Honestly I don't get your question.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
asimpleguy said:
I am visiting the Dominican

1. My looks and general personality traits are pretty good but my women skills are below average. I have had no experience with Latina women and I do not speak Spanish except for a few words. I'll be staying in Santo Domingo for the most part. How do I meet women there? Once I do meet someone, I think I can take care of it from that point on. But what's the best way of getting things started? And what are the places do you recommend for a single guy to go alone with a good chance to meet women?

2. Do you have any advice on a nice hotel in Santo Domingo. I do not want to stay at adult only hotels. But if I do decide to bring someone, the hotel should be friendly. On that note, if nothing else works out and I do decide to get a woman who is not a full-time hooker but may do it once in a while, what are the best ways of going about it?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the idea of this forum and there is a lot of good information here.

Read the recent posts from virtually the same guy (well, he was trying to travel on 3 cents a day mind you). You can't feel comfortable with girls where you are and cannot speak at all to them where you are going -what basis of a relationship do you propose to bring? Maybe you can find a mime school in the capital.

You meet them by offering something they want - if no pay for play then what are you offering? Not conversation. So how do you plan to "relate"? Seriously, without being able to talk it is a pretty hopeless situation, so maybe aim for hookers with a heart of gold.

I am not sure there are many hookers who are not doing it more or less for a living, even if they tell you (not that you can understand what they are telling you) that this is a first time and they need the money for the baby. In reality they need it for the coke, jeans, cell phone etc.....So streetwalkers and the remnants of the massage joints/clubs not shut down by the DA are a good starting point.

I am sure with some searching here (which evidently did not occur first) and other seedier web sites of which there are many, finding the name of hooker friendly hotels will be a picnic as will how to pay a woman who sells sex, for sex. They are not shy about what you might think you want within reason . However, they will take you for every penny they can get. The greener and more obvious that is the more likely they are to do just that. Think sharks and little fishies.

Make sure they have ID or the hotel depending on which it is will insist on it anyway.

Sorry to sound tough but this is a pretty pathetic post, I am wondering if a sock puppet.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
You should stay in Boca Chica, where its a little safer and bring lots of cash and "Te Amos" ;)

They are going to eat you alive, you better use the Search function like its going out of style my friend, good luck.

asimpleguy

Jun 8, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Read the recent posts from virtually the same guy (well, he was trying to travel on 3 cents a day mind you). You can't feel comfortable with girls where you are and cannot speak at all to them where you are going -what basis of a relationship do you propose to bring? Maybe you can find a mime school in the capital.

You meet them by offering something they want - if no pay for play then what are you offering? Not conversation. So how do you plan to "relate"? Seriously, without being able to talk it is a pretty hopeless situation, so maybe aim for hookers with a heart of gold.

I am not sure there are many hookers who are not doing it more or less for a living, even if they tell you (not that you can understand what they are telling you) that this is a first time and they need the money for the baby. In reality they need it for the coke, jeans, cell phone etc.....So streetwalkers and the remnants of the massage joints/clubs not shut down by the DA are a good starting point.

I am sure with some searching here (which evidently did not occur first) and other seedier web sites of which there are many, finding the name of hooker friendly hotels will be a picnic as will how to pay a woman who sells sex, for sex. They are not shy about what you might think you want within reason . However, they will take you for every penny they can get. The greener and more obvious that is the more likely they are to do just that. Think sharks and little fishies.

Make sure they have ID or the hotel depending on which it is will insist on it anyway.

Sorry to sound tough but this is a pretty pathetic post, I am wondering if a sock puppet.

-------------------
An honest opinion is better than false hopes. So I do appreciate your honesty. So I take it that without being able to speak Spanish, I really have very little to hope for. I am trying to learn Spanish but I have to take this vacation now. May be I should change my destination to an English speaking place. The airlines' don't do refunds anymore. But at least I'll be able to salvage my vacation. If I have to spend money, so be it. But I don't want to waste it and get nothing in return.

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
asimpleguy said:
I am visiting the Dominican at the end of this month. This is my first trip in that region or anywhere south of Florida for that matter. I have read some of the threads in this forum and have found some very useful information. But I'd really appreciate some direct answers to my questions.

1. Yes, one of my goals is to meet women. If I have to spend money, so be it. My looks and general personality traits are pretty good but my women skills are below average. I have had no experience with Latina women and I do not speak Spanish except for a few words. I'll be staying in Santo Domingo for the most part. How do I meet women there? Once I do meet someone, I think I can take care of it from that point on. But what's the best way of getting things started? And what are the places do you recommend for a single guy to go alone with a good chance to meet women?

Its better to check out boca chica as stated before. All you need is money and know how to slay it proper. You can practice your craft on the putas then when u feel that u are ready you can step up to a higher standard of woman.

Even worse u can hang out with a tigere that will pretend to be your best friend in the world. By doing this you will get ripped off, but he will show you the ropes and places to go until you get situated. Sometimes its fun to see the thing third world hustlers do to try to get your money, its all entertainment to me.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
asimpleguy said:
-------------------
An honest opinion is better than false hopes. So I do appreciate your honesty. So I take it that without being able to speak Spanish, I really have very little to hope for. I am trying to learn Spanish but I have to take this vacation now. May be I should change my destination to an English speaking place. The airlines' don't do refunds anymore. But at least I'll be able to salvage my vacation. If I have to spend money, so be it. But I don't want to waste it and get nothing in return.

Well be realistic (and search) - say you are a Swahili speaking African guy.

So you come to Hooterville or Mayberry or wherever it is that you live and you want to date the local cheerleaders, secretaries, and other young, hot chickies - you don't know the culture - music, trends, and language - and cannot say thing one to them , what do you expect?

Actually I know what you DID expect - a gringo (you) shows up and the girlies swoon due to you arriving, like Eisenhower.

Ain't going to happen - only golddiggers and hookers will act that way and their motive is one of money, honey, nothing else.

You will get eaten alive in Boca Chica if you allow ONE Dominican guy who speaks Englilsh to "help" you. DO NOT allow them to do that or get into a car with them.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Badussy said:
Its better to check out boca chica as stated before. All you need is money and know how to slay it proper. You can practice your craft on the putas then when u feel that u are ready you can step up to a higher standard of woman.
Good advice!

Badussy said:
Sometimes its fun to see the thing third world hustlers do to try to get your money, its all entertainment to me.
Bad advice!

Never, deal with a tigere (pimp). They are the lowest of the lows. They will eat you, a newbie, alive. I repeat, never deal with them, whatever you need, you will be able to find on your own; especially in BC.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:
Good advice!

Bad advice!

Never, deal with a tigere (pimp). They are the lowest of the lows. They will eat you, a newbie, alive. I repeat, never deal with them, whatever you need, you will be able to find on your own; especially in BC.

Well lately, maybe not so easy for a newbie in Boca Chica.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Go to either Sosua, Puerto Plata or Boca Chica and you'll be fine. You'll return home with a "novia." There are a lot of info on travelling by bus and taxi from Santo Domingo. Going to a english speaking country really isn't going to improve your odds if you are not good with the ladies and in all likelihood the hookers are going to more expensive (like everything else).

asimpleguy said:
-------------------

asimpleguy

Jun 8, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Well be realistic (and search) - say you are a Swahili speaking African guy.

So you come to Hooterville or Mayberry or wherever it is that you live and you want to date the local cheerleaders, secretaries, and other young, hot chickies - you don't know the culture - music, trends, and language - and cannot say thing one to them , what do you expect?

Actually I know what you DID expect - a gringo (you) shows up and the girlies swoon due to you arriving, like Eisenhower.

Ain't going to happen - only golddiggers and hookers will act that way and their motive is one of money, honey, nothing else.

You will get eaten alive in Boca Chica if you allow ONE Dominican guy who speaks Englilsh to "help" you. DO NOT allow them to do that or get into a car with them.

I see you are good in making assumptions. Just because I ask about women, you probably have a picture in your mind of who knows what. Trust me it's not what you think. I can probably teach you a few things too. But that's not the point and I AM trying to be realistic. But you have to start somewhere and that's why I asked for advice.

asimpleguy

Jun 8, 2005
xamaicano said:
Go to either Sosua, Puerto Plata or Boca Chica and you'll be fine. You'll return home with a "novia." There are a lot of info on travelling by bus and taxi from Santo Domingo. Going to a english speaking country really isn't going to improve your odds if you are not good with the ladies and in all likelihood the hookers are going to more expensive (like everything else).

I'll keep that in mind. I guess I'll have to learn my lessons (in Spanish now).

NJ_Traveller

May 5, 2005
Same Boat But Taking Swimming Lessons

I'm a newbie going to Santo Domingo as well and to be honest with you I'm looking forward to it. I don't have any problems with the ladies here but I know DR is a whole new ball game. Different language, different culture, different everything but that's what makes it great if you like a challenge which I do. I'm either going to sink or swim but hoping I am able to tread water. The board and the advice from DR1 members has been consistent: you will more than likely pay more for fun, make mistakes but hopefully have a few damn good stories to tell when you get back.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As I found out last weekend

There are ways and there are ways. You can PM me if you want to.

Frannkly, I was surprised.

However, if I had written this before last weekend, I would say that you have two choices.

(1) Go to the classiest bars and night spots in Santo Domingo--Tr?o, Montecristo, Bizarro whatever...the folks here can tell you, and just ask the girls is they speak English? Why not? A lot of them do.

(2) Go to Boca Chica and hook up with the "ladies" thee. Take your umbrellas!

That was then, this is now.

HB :D:D:D

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Dude, if you are a newbie Sosua is your best bet. Santo Domingo is too big and too difficult to navigate if you do not know any spanish. People will be ripping you off like crazy in the capital(you will see what I mean as soon as you try to get a cab at the airport), so my advice is don't go there.

Sosua is alot more contained and you can hook up with guys who are out there like you who can either show you some of the ropes or at the very least point you in the right direction. Just go to some of the bars and/or restaurants run by english-speaking expats. You will be greeted warmly.

You can walk around at night pretty freely and it can be covered on foot with no problems. And there are ALOT of girls to choose from. All the bars and clubs are basically on Calle Pedro Clisante and you don't need the services of a pimp. The girls are all over.

So don't cancel your trip just yet-just see if you can fly into Puerto Plata airport. If you need any assistance, send me a PM-I can give you more details on hotels and bars/clubs to go to. Don't lose hope, brother!!!! Help is on the way!!!!

joseippe

Jun 18, 2005
Something I don't get......

Question? With all of the yick-yacking that folks do here about sankies, sankettes and P4P in the DR, I'm at loss to understand why the subject of hiv/aids seldom comes up, in reference to frolicking with hookers and semi-pros. Obviously, P4P is like playing with fire and worse.

Surely, the majority of those hookers in DR are hiv positive, right? Am I missing something here?

I don't have a problem giving a guy tips on picking up non sex worker women(fill in locale), but in my book telling a guy where to find the best bang for buck hookers, is akin to telling him what cliff to jump off of, and end his life.

It's dangerous enough with everyday relationships, whereby the vast majority of people have had more than 10 sexual partners. Imagine some of those boca chica and sousa hookers, who might have over 1000 peckers under their belt. Can you say"russian roulette" boys and girls?

Or did I miss something?
Joseppie

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Or did I miss something?
Joseppie

You missed facts, not that that stops many people from pontificating like you are doing.

Who said, and how can you say "the majority" are infected with AIDS/HIV? I have been going there since 1999 and have yet to know or hear of any girls with HIV, none sick or dying, and none dead from it. In fact I have yet to find a person who has contracted an STD like syphilis or gonorrhea from these girls due mainly to use of condoms and the likelyhood that frankly, they are not infected.

The worst offenders in non-condom use as the girls tell me, seem to be your countrymen from Italy, Joseppie, so to help the cause, maybe you can go to an all-Italy forum and tell them to knock it off and glove up a bit more than they like to. And they could stand to raise their sights from chasing all the under 18 year old girls too which also appears to be a popular pastime with your buddies.

Now you can go preach somewhere else .

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
asimpleguy said:
I see you are good in making assumptions. Just because I ask about women, you probably have a picture in your mind of who knows what. Trust me it's not what you think. I can probably teach you a few things too. But that's not the point and I AM trying to be realistic. But you have to start somewhere and that's why I asked for advice.

I doubt you could teach me anything frankly. So you aren't Opie, though I bet you aren't far off Opie-ness, so learn Spanish then go, or chase hookers in Sosua seem to be your choices. Just don't expect the white knight to ride in and have Salma Hayek swooning at the sight of you - popular fantasy, never happens.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Open Your Eyes...

You have to be IGNORANT to beleive that HIV is not a problem in the DR, there are very high percentages for both HIV and HEP C which the latter IS NOT sexually transmitted. There are plenty of girls that ARE infected, and deaths every day related to these diseases. Condoms will NOT save you, awareness and education will.......
ricktoronto said:
You missed facts, not that that stops many people from pontificating like you are doing.

Who said, and how can you say "the majority" are infected with AIDS/HIV? I have been going there since 1999 and have yet to know or hear of any girls with HIV, none sick or dying, and none dead from it. In fact I have yet to find a person who has contracted an STD like syphilis or gonorrhea from these girls due mainly to use of condoms and the likelyhood that frankly, they are not infected.

The worst offenders in non-condom use as the girls tell me, seem to be your countrymen from Italy, Joseppie, so to help the cause, maybe you can go to an all-Italy forum and tell them to knock it off and glove up a bit more than they like to. And they could stand to raise their sights from chasing all the under 18 year old girls too which also appears to be a popular pastime with your buddies.

Now you can go preach somewhere else .