Wanna Find The Best Airlines Prices?????

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
If you guys want to find the best prices on airline tickets, car rental and hotels, there are a few easy steps to take. It's very easy. You will not need to pay any agency a "fee". Your computer can be your travel agency. This is what I have been doing for yearsssssssssss:

1- Do a search for "one of those sites that offers "good prices on flights". (PM me if you want the name of one since I don't think that they would be happy if I post them here). NOTE: YOU WILL BE USING THEM JUST TO SEE WHAT'S AVAILABLE OUT THERE, PRICE WISE AND NOT TO BOOKE THRU THEM!

2- Just follow the instructions. Put the airport you want to leave from, the airport that you will landing at and the dates that you want to travel and how many passangers. Then hit enter

3- After a little wait, you will be shown all the airlines' schedules and prices for that specific date. It will show the prices for non-stopping flights and prices for connecting flights. You choose which one is best for you.

4- This is where it gets better. Those prices that you see, includes the site's "fee". So now all you need to do is decide the one that you can afford and booke it yourself. Let me give you an example: If you see, for example, that the one that you want is from AA, get out of the site and go to AA's website and book it thru them. You will notice that now the price went down a little. Why?, because since you are using AA's website, there's not fee to be paid.

5- After you choose everything and select your seats (if you don't select them, the site will select them for you)and you see that all is to your satisfaction, it will take you to a screen where you can pay with your credit card. They, within seconds, will take you to a different screen and if all went well with your credit card, a "thank you" and confirmation number will be given to you. They will also send you, via email address, a summary of your flight.

People, it's very easy and you can be done within 10 minutes, if that!. I don't have the luxury to "pick and choose" since theres only ONE airline that I can take out of Phila, US Airways. To me one of the nicest airlines. Not the best prices but I refuse to drive 2 1/2 hours to Jersey or 4 hours to NY.

Also, and this is "mucho importante" (I know it's "muy" and not "mucho", but I was "talking" like a gringo, hehe), carajo, REGISTER FOR THE CHOSEN AIRLINE'S FREQUENT MILES/DIVIDEND MILES PROGRAM!. Depending how many times you use that airline, you get mileage points and in the long run, you can get free tickets.

I have "EVERYTHING" Us Airways. Their dividend miles, their credit card and a few stocks here and there. I have gotten a few free tickets to the DR and a few, 150- 200 and 250 tickets, all for just using their services.

Again, you can booke everthing thru that airlines' site: flights, hotels and cars.

Good luck being your own travel agent.

If anyone needs any type of info or is having problems booking, send me a PM and I will gladly help you.

NOTE, NOTE, NOTE::: I know that many know about this service. But there are SOME that don't so in case you want to say that YOU know about it, I am just trying to help those that do not know.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
It's easy!

Kathy, thanks for the PM. I replied(and now I have 500 PM's and I need to clean the darn thing or if not, I am not allowed to send more) but I also wanted to let you know that if you follow the intructions on the thread, you will be more than fine. If not, send me what I requested from you and I will check the prices for you when I get home from work.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I use an online service which gives me access to every airlines booking system and beats a nineteen stage process hands down. Also you didn't point out that even the web sites of these services and the airlines do not, in fact, show every fare available nor the seats available at those fare codes.

Example I bought a non listed refundable full fare ticket to Santiago (Chile not DR) for CAD$1,660 vs. the listed price for restricted ticket at AA.com $2560 and vs. full fare coach at $4,190. And I upgraded to first class for a measly 20,000 AA points knowing in advance the upgrade seats were fully available. (Vs. 50,000 points and US$500 on that restricted, more expensive seat).

Expedia, Travelocity and AA.com did not have this fare. AA on the phone agreed it was available and sold it to me. This is really one of the reasons a travel agent still makes a good choice - they have the same access. So you pay $20 as a fee. You may make that back ten fold or in my case I paid US$5 to AA and made that back nearly 200 fold.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Airlines

Rick, I don't understand the point? I thought that was how everyone does it. It's not anything new...give us some GOOD advice
miguel said:
If you guys want to find the best prices on airline tickets, car rental and hotels, there are a few easy steps to take. It's very easy. You will not need to pay any agency a "fee". Your computer can be your travel agency. This is what I have been doing for yearsssssssssss:

1- Do a search for "one of those sites that offers "good prices on flights". (PM me if you want the name of one since I don't think that they would be happy if I post them here). NOTE: YOU WILL BE USING THEM JUST TO SEE WHAT'S AVAILABLE OUT THERE, PRICE WISE AND NOT TO BOOKE THRU THEM!

2- Just follow the instructions. Put the airport you want to leave from, the airport that you will landing at and the dates that you want to travel and how many passangers. Then hit enter

3- After a little wait, you will be shown all the airlines' schedules and prices for that specific date. It will show the prices for non-stopping flights and prices for connecting flights. You choose which one is best for you.

4- This is where it gets better. Those prices that you see, includes the site's "fee". So now all you need to do is decide the one that you can afford and booke it yourself. Let me give you an example: If you see, for example, that the one that you want is from AA, get out of the site and go to AA's website and book it thru them. You will notice that now the price went down a little. Why?, because since you are using AA's website, there's not fee to be paid.

5- After you choose everything and select your seats (if you don't select them, the site will select them for you)and you see that all is to your satisfaction, it will take you to a screen where you can pay with your credit card. They, within seconds, will take you to a different screen and if all went well with your credit card, a "thank you" and confirmation number will be given to you. They will also send you, via email address, a summary of your flight.

People, it's very easy and you can be done within 10 minutes, if that!. I don't have the luxury to "pick and choose" since theres only ONE airline that I can take out of Phila, US Airways. To me one of the nicest airlines. Not the best prices but I refuse to drive 2 1/2 hours to Jersey or 4 hours to NY.

Also, and this is "mucho importante" (I know it's "muy" and not "mucho", but I was "talking" like a gringo, hehe), carajo, REGISTER FOR THE CHOSEN AIRLINE'S FREQUENT MILES/DIVIDEND MILES PROGRAM!. Depending how many times you use that airline, you get mileage points and in the long run, you can get free tickets.

I have "EVERYTHING" Us Airways. Their dividend miles, their credit card and a few stocks here and there. I have gotten a few free tickets to the DR and a few, 150- 200 and 250 tickets, all for just using their services.

Again, you can booke everthing thru that airlines' site: flights, hotels and cars.

Good luck being your own travel agent.

If anyone needs any type of info or is having problems booking, send me a PM and I will gladly help you.

NOTE, NOTE, NOTE::: I know that many know about this service. But there are SOME that don't so in case you want to say that YOU know about it, I am just trying to help those that do not know.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
ggn420 said:
Rick, I don't understand the point? I thought that was how everyone does it. It's not anything new...give us some GOOD advice

Note you quoted Miguel's post then asked me something which was not about what I posted, good job of getting that right.

I would think few people do it with my method as it involves paying for a service and knowing how to read the airline reservation codes- the method in the original post shows you what the airlines want to post on their sites not all fares they sell.So you go to Expedia or AA.com and they offer the $2,560 fare. I go to my site then call AA and pay $900 less.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Rick makes sense. I almost always use my travel agent. Even when I discover the "special". It costs only pennies more to avail ones self of all they can offer. Most of the time all the on line services have fees and then fees again making them anything but competitive. Special handling fee; on line booking fee; additional$$'s to mail/expedite the tickets. Fumble, fumble, fumble.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Note you quoted Miguel's post then asked me something which was not about what I posted, good job of getting that right.

I would think few people do it with my method as it involves paying for a service and knowing how to read the airline reservation codes- the method in the original post shows you what the airlines want to post on their sites not all fares they sell.So you go to Expedia or AA.com and they offer the $2,560 fare. I go to my site then call AA and pay $900 less.
Ahhhhh OK, I want to fly AA from Hartford(BDL) into PUJ one person, anytime, July1, get me a price and I'll compare it to mine, let's see.....

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Here's a tip: do it yourself. Get a travel agent. Don't be so lazy.
I'm not lazy Rick, I know a girl that runs a travel business, I get my AA fare from her every time I travel, no difference in price than online other than the $20 fee applied by the agency. Sooooo I have two prices, one is $20 more than the other.....

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Since when?

ggn420 said:
I'm not lazy Rick, I know a girl that runs a travel business, I get my AA fare from her every time I travel, no difference in price than online other than the $20 fee applied by the agency. Sooooo I have two prices, one is $20 more than the other.....
No difference in prices when booking straight from the airlines' site?. Man, I guess that I have been doing the wrong thing for over 20 years!.

Let's see, before I went to SD on April 22nd, I stopped at Liberty Travel since I am sick of people telling me that booking thru a travel agency was better, I gave them all my info and they gave me a final price on the reservation.

Same day I got home, went into Us Airways' site, went into "plan your vacation" (or maybe it's "promotions"), put my info and oops, I got it for almost 100 less!.

Ps: when I get home, I will post here a way that I use with US Airways, where they have great rates on flights that are "promotions". Example: last night, I went into their site, "planned" a flight, and I saw a flight from Phila to SD, stopping in FL, for July 16th to July 22nd for $228.00 plus their taxes which came out to 354 dollars. Again, I will post it later, step by step, how it can be done.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I use all methods specified here. Travel agent, all travel websites, the airline website and calling the airline directly... Its called shopping around.

..... I go to my site then call AA and pay $900 less.

Rick, You said 'your' site, are you going to give us the site? If not, this really doesnt help us at all.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Again!

Shopping around is the best policy.

Again, I would try and help whomever needs my help, even if I don't care much for you.

But please, people, at least make the effort to start yourself. Since I mentioned that I would help people, I have not been able to keep up with all the PM's and emails that I have received from some members wanting me to DO EVERYTHING FOR THEM. Start and if you have problems, I will try and help.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Talldrink said:
I use all methods specified here. Travel agent, all travel websites, the airline website and calling the airline directly... Its called shopping around.

Rick, You said 'your' site, are you going to give us the site? If not, this really doesnt help us at all.

Well you have to pay to use it and that tends to drive 99% of people away from it. US$10 a month or US$99 a year.

www.expertflyer.com

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
miguel said:
Shopping around is the best policy.

Again, I would try and help whomever needs my help, even if I don't care much for you.

But please, people, at least make the effort to start yourself. Since I mentioned that I would help people, I have not been able to keep up with all the PM's and emails that I have received from some members wanting me to DO EVERYTHING FOR THEM. Start and if you have problems, I will try and help.

Miguel since all you are doing is looking at Expedia (or similar) and then the airlines web sites and also looking for websavers, netwavers, etc., why don't you just tell people to do it themselves vs. receive PM's and then do it for them? It is not rocket science to use two web sites. Just tell everyone to cease and desist.

No doubt it is the same group that won't try a search of posts here or google for the simplest things to find out.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen!

ricktoronto said:
Miguel since all you are doing is looking at Expedia (or similar) and then the airlines web sites and also looking for websavers, netwavers, etc., why don't you just tell people to do it themselves vs. receive PM's and then do it for them? It is not rocket science to use two web sites. Just tell everyone to cease and desist.

No doubt it is the same group that won't try a search of posts here or google for the simplest things to find out.
rick, even though I like you and enjoy most of your posts, sometimes I wonder if you take the time to REALLY read people's posts before posting.

Please, show me where did I said that I going to do it for them?. What I said, in case you did not read it, was that if they are having problems, that I would help them out.

Again, in case you did not read the start of the thread, I posted, step by step, what people should do.

Now, in case you don't realize it, trying to do something for someone when they need help is not a bad thing. The bottom line is that I like to help people.
Now, think about this: how can I, in my right mind, try and do everything for the member if they are the ones that need to pay with their credit cards. I may show them the road, but they need to walk that road by themselves at the end.

Again, ANYBODY that is having problems following my above instructions, send me a pm and I would give you some ideas on what to do.

Btw, someone who "knows nothing about computers" emailed me yesterday and since he was having problems following my "intructions:, I not only told him what to do again and where to go, but I also checked for him and send him back another email telling him who had the best prices for the days that he was looking. Guess what, he went to that airlines' site and booked his flight and saved 38 dollars. See, it's all about helping man. And it only took me 3-5 minutes to give him the info he needed.

Some people like to help, some don't. I like to help. Sorry but "cada cabeza es un mundo".

Ps: rick, if in "your site" one have to pay 100 dollars yearly, how is that going to benefit someone that travels to the DR, let's say, once a year?.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
WOW!! :cross-eye :tired: :ermm: :surprised :rolleyes: :confused: :speechles :dead:

Rick - again, thanks - you have been quite helpfull.

PS - stop trying to steal 'her' thunder!! LOL

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
miguel said:
Ps: rick, if in "your site" one have to pay 100 dollars yearly, how is that going to benefit someone that travels to the DR, let's say, once a year?.

Well if you save $101 it is paid for. If you do it at $10 a month and save $11 and then cancel your subscription. You get the idea.

The fact remains, published fares via the airline's web sites and resellers are not the cheapest and you need to know how to get better deals. I am up $900 to SCL and another $400 to MGA so far on two trips. Impossible on AA.com and Expedia, simple. So that $1300 is paying for my $100 don't you agree? And I have to fly again in October , November and December, aka $400, $400 and $400. Savings that is.

I will tell you that the $10 or $100 cost will prevent 99% of people trying it and they'll pay more. And those who do try if they do not take the time to understand it won't know what they are doing. All fine by me, I need healthy airlines to allow me to fly cheaper than you can.

You could re-title your post to how to find prices on the internet that are not the lowest prices at all. You are not showing them the cheapest.