Charter flight to Las Galeras

gorotdi

Mar 12, 2005
In less than two short weeks, I'll be in Las Galeras celebrating my honeymoon. Thanks again to all of you in providing input that was invaluable in finding our hotel.

I'm trying to get a charter flight to Arroyo Barril and seem to be down to two options. Villa Serena said they can arrange a flight for me and the wife for $286 + tax + taxi. Aerodomca said they can do it for $270 + taxi, including taxes.

It seems like Aerodomca would be the right choice here... does anyone know of any horror stories or anything else about their reputation? Also, could it be that Villa Serena is just contracting them and passing along a markup?

I can't wait to see this wonderful island!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Las Galeras

gorotdi said:
In less than two short weeks, I'll be in Las Galeras celebrating my honeymoon. Thanks again to all of you in providing input that was invaluable in finding our hotel.

I'm trying to get a charter flight to Arroyo Barril and seem to be down to two options. Villa Serena said they can arrange a flight for me and the wife for $286 + tax + taxi. Aerodomca said they can do it for $270 + taxi, including taxes.

It seems like Aerodomca would be the right choice here... does anyone know of any horror stories or anything else about their reputation? Also, could it be that Villa Serena is just contracting them and passing along a markup?

I can't wait to see this wonderful island!

Take the guagua from Santo Domingo to Las Galeras..leaves around 1 pm,costs about 200 pesos each,meet the great people of this beautiful island and spend 5 hours of just great fun...
bob

gorotdi

Mar 12, 2005
We'll be coming from Puerto Plata, and our primary concern (on the way there) is time. We'll be weary from two days of travel and want to be on the beach with a Presidente as soon as possible. We'll take taxis/guaguas on the way back to Sosua from Las Galeras though.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Heck, hire a taxi at the airport. Strike a bargain

It should not cost you more than RD$3000 pesos or about US$100.

the ride is beautiful along the ocean for the most part and you could probably stop at one or two places for Presidente and beach if you so desired. It really does not seem to be even mildly wise to fly that short distance. It's about a two hour drive maybe two and a half with a President stop or two...

Be wise, economize. You have a beautiful spot waiting for you at villa Serena, that is for sure!

Get Wilson to pick you up at the airport..he is great for something like this...

HB :D:D:D Wishing you the best...

gorotdi

Mar 12, 2005
Hillbilly said:
It's about a two hour drive maybe two and a half with a President stop or two...

Is it that short!? I was led to believe it was 4-5 hours from Puerto Plata to Las Galeras? If it is only a couple hours I must agree that a taxi is the way to go...

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
gorotdi said:
Is it that short!? I was led to believe it was 4-5 hours from Puerto Plata to Las Galeras? If it is only a couple hours I must agree that a taxi is the way to go...

The drive from Puerto Plata in a taxi to las Galeras is a full 4 hours. I do the trip regurlary. Flying with Aerodomca is fine. The difference in the price is because you are going direct to the airline and there's no middleman. We use aerodmca frequently for internal flights and have never had a problem. Planes can't land in the dark so your flight has to arrive before 5pm normally to be able to fly from POP to Arroyo Barril.