Experience..

Becky12082

Jun 21, 2005
Let me start off by saying that this is in no way accusing anyone of anything, just something I was curious about. It seems that a lot of people have negative opinions on the Dominican men/women that work in resorts. Is this because they have had a personal negative experience, or are they just going by hearsay? I was in the Dominican Republic last week, and met an animation worker, and was in no way experienced the "sankiness." There was no booty, just a kiss, exchanged numbers, have talked once since, and left it at that. Was just wondering if most have had a really bad experience....

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Jeez, grow up or learn to read before you post. Good God, what a dense thing to post.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Cast hook, jiggle bait, WHAMO

You been caught.

Of course not 100% are sankies, Only 104% are! It is a way of life, and the jackpot is a woman who lives somewhere beside the DR and can afford to get me out of here!!

At least you didn't get HIV+ or any other STD. Exchanged phone numbers? Let's make a pool to see how long befor some family member is "dying" and needs help and I really don't want to bother you but she is so young ( or old) and she is my only sister, niece, living parent. And "thanks for accepting the call..."

But hey! You had some fun and so did he.

HB:D:D:D:D

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
And now wants to understate things or imply everyone elses experience is not true to validate hers. Sad. the downfall awaits at the Western union office.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
you guys are bad... Becky this is soo not true.. go see the people from SankieBanky.com and they will help you furhter in this relationship.. it sounds like you have a real gem there.. guys stop bothering Becky!

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
Hilbilly

It's not a rule that animation people or other resort workers have HIV, they get a test every 3 months.
I've known a lot of people dying from AIDS in the DR, none of them were animation or resort workers.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ricktoronto said:
And now wants to understate things or imply everyone elses experience is not true to validate hers. Sad. the downfall awaits at the Western union office.
She found the special someone and you just don't get it! Sheesh...

To the OP Please visit http://www.Sankybanky.com

A Name you can Trust!

Escott_sankyflipflop.jpg

You can be the Proud owner of the flip on the Left while your Man can be the one on the right!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
yasmin said:
It's not a rule that animation people or other resort workers have HIV, they get a test every 3 months.
I've known a lot of people dying from AIDS in the DR, none of them were animation or resort workers.

They might get a test but who knows if they pass it (even though they study hard). And frankly knowing the tightwad cheap-a*s*s AI resorts I doubt they get tested for anything if it costs more than 2 pesos.

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
I worked in animation too, when you don't pass the test, bye bye.

I had to pay for the test myself, and it was more than two pesos...

wolfdiablo

May 14, 2005
This forum is ridiculous.

It's nice to see how helpful and supportive you all are of Becky. This is such a supportive forum (dripping excessively in sarcasm).

Becky, I am sure not all resort workers are sankies. And, I don't know how different they are anyway from North American men who are constantly looking for sex from a girl.

Listen, the point is - sankie or not, enjoy it for what it was and take care of yourself because you can never be 100% sure of the truth.

Wolf

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
yasmin do you know what you were tested for? I would think that being around food and people the resort would be concerned with TB, Hep A & B. which are easy to infect the tourist with. Perhaps the first time you start at a resort they test you for HIV but to test you for HIV every three months?

And BTW no one should have a false sense of security because these people are tested every three months. There's a three month window where HIV will not show up in a test but it most certainly can be passed around. And add to this the fact that HIV can lay dormant for many years.

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
I don't remember exactly where I was tested for, but HIV I'm really sure.(it's already 8 years ago)

I never said thad you have a security, off course the virus takes 3 months to be visible in the blood.

Always protect yourself, and bring condoms from home, I was told that condoms in the DR are not of good quality and if they store them too long or at high temperature they might loose all their efficiency.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
yasmin said:
Always protect yourself, and bring condoms from home, I was told that condoms in the DR are not of good quality and if they store them too long or at high temperature they might loose all their efficiency.

They are also too small and are the thickness of a bicycle inner tube for that extra constricting, dead feeling. At least they are transparent so we know they are not actually bicycle inner tubes. The Nicaraguan ones given out through NGO's must be from the same Michelin plant as they are similar.

May 31, 2005
yasmin said:
I don't remember exactly where I was tested for, but HIV I'm really sure.(it's already 8 years ago)

I never said thad you have a security, off course the virus takes 3 months to be visible in the blood.

Is it a rule that says if you are a resort worker you have to get tested every 3 months or do they just offer the test in case anyone wants to take up on it?

May 31, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
yasmin do you know what you were tested for? I would think that being around food and people the resort would be concerned with TB, Hep A & B. which are easy to infect the tourist with. Perhaps the first time you start at a resort they test you for HIV but to test you for HIV every three months?

And BTW no one should have a false sense of security because these people are tested every three months. There's a three month window where HIV will not show up in a test but it most certainly can be passed around. And add to this the fact that HIV can lay dormant for many years.
Right! I can see how the resort can be concerned with TB, Hep A, B but not sure how they can be concerned with HIV. Unless they know for a fact that tourists are trying to sleep with resort workers and that resort workers are trying to sleep with tourists.

AmandaLou

May 27, 2005
Ignore these bad mouthers...

Whilst no-one can say for definate if someone is or isn't a sankie I have several friends who are or were on the animation team of the hotel I go to, I keep in touch by email and in the two years I've known them not one has requested goods or money. Yes when I come out I bring gifts, books to improve thier English, spanish/english dictionaries and german/english dictionaries. Sometimes scent as they are all peacocks and always sweets as they are expensive out in the DR. (nothing asked for all brought out by me to give to my friends)They may have other "friends" that they sting but not me so keep in touch with your friend Becky in my opinion it's worth doing. Amanda :bunny:

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Dragonfly32837 said:
Unless they know for a fact that tourists are trying to sleep with resort workers and that resort workers are trying to sleep with tourists.

Unless management has suddenly been stricken with mass idiot disease or have lost all their marbles colectively at once, of course they know this.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
yasmin said:
I worked in animation too, when you don't pass the test, bye bye.

I had to pay for the test myself, and it was more than two pesos...
I've worked in animation, and never had to take any tests. I guess it depends what company you work for. The only thing you would have gotten fired for where I worked is if they found out you were pregnant. (only animation)

May 31, 2005
mofi said:
I've worked in animation, and never had to take any tests. I guess it depends what company you work for. The only thing you would have gotten fired for where I worked is if they found out you were pregnant. (only animation)
Wow! Couldn't they just transfer you to another department in the meantime?