Wedding in Punta Cana

SportsPageWV

Jun 24, 2005
My fiance and I are working with a travel agent in the US about a wedding in Punta Cana. She recommended Iberostar, for the budget and accomodations. We have appx. 50 people going with us.
I have a few questions. If anyone can help out it would be great.
Does anyone know anything about the weddings at Iberostar Bavaro?
Is there any other recommedations?
Can you hire bands in the area to play at the reception? If so can they sing American songs?
RIU was another possibility? Anybody have positives/negatives?
What is a Dominican Wedding like compared to a US wedding?

All other advice is greatly appreciated.
Feel free to email me also

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Bite The Dust

Ahhhh, another one bites the dust..just kidding. All the AI,s will do the wedding thing, I have seen several at the Sunscape, very nice. I don't know what the Iberostar or Riu do but I would guess it is all pretty much the same. The answers to the rest...yes,yes, and yes. They will supply whatever you wish.......
SportsPageWV said:
My fiance and I are working with a travel agent in the US about a wedding in Punta Cana. She recommended Iberostar, for the budget and accomodations. We have appx. 50 people going with us.
I have a few questions. If anyone can help out it would be great.
Does anyone know anything about the weddings at Iberostar Bavaro?
Is there any other recommedations?
Can you hire bands in the area to play at the reception? If so can they sing American songs?
RIU was another possibility? Anybody have positives/negatives?
What is a Dominican Wedding like compared to a US wedding?

All other advice is greatly appreciated.
Feel free to email me also

jayvon30

Jun 1, 2005
I will be attending a wedding at Iberostar this Saturday (July 2), I will let you know when I return. It's my nephew's wedding, so I will ask his future bride about it.

Tina

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Why American music?

One of my worst memories is hearing a Dominican group sing Feelings in Spanglish. Spanish (Dominican, Mexican, Cuban) music has some of the most beautiful songs--listen to some, especially the Buena Vista Social Club, before you choose.