Por fin! Visas to Canada after 4 long years!

BrasdeLait

Mar 13, 2005
For you who know me; for you who want to shoot me; for you who owe our bar in las galeras a pint or two....we finally have our visa approval in writing for my wife and her 4 kids...our other kids are getting their canuck citizenship in the coming weeks.

it's a long story. so much time wasted getting teenagers their birth certificates from clinics no longer open. immigration canada is absolutely the worst-run govt dept here that i have ever run into.

bottom line is if you're wanting to sponser someone to kanada, contact me. i have painted all the walls here, there, port-au-prince.... i will tell you how to tear them down in order to get your loved ones here faster...sans frais. but then again it took me for years so that's likely the worst free advice you could ever get in your life!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulations.

Why not post here what you went through and how you did it so the info may help others.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Congratulations. When i did it it only took 8 months, but it took 2 years to get my mother-in-laws papers. Mom went to the American Embassy on Wednesday and got a ten year tourist visa to the states also, so I guess having the landed visa to Canada helped for that.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2004
Felicidades

Sorry for what you went through! 4 years is awhile!

Where in Canada will you be living when you get here?

I am in Mississauga, Ontario right now. Will be down in Luperon, POP for at least 6 months...in....22 days.

Anyways...Congrats on getting the visa! It must be a relief to have it done with!!!! :)

Alex Bello

Jun 13, 2005
BrasdeLait said:
For you who know me; for you who want to shoot me; for you who owe our bar in las galeras a pint or two....we finally have our visa approval in writing for my wife and her 4 kids...our other kids are getting their canuck citizenship in the coming weeks.

it's a long story. so much time wasted getting teenagers their birth certificates from clinics no longer open. immigration canada is absolutely the worst-run govt dept here that i have ever run into.

bottom line is if you're wanting to sponser someone to kanada, contact me. i have painted all the walls here, there, port-au-prince.... i will tell you how to tear them down in order to get your loved ones here faster...sans frais. but then again it took me for years so that's likely the worst free advice you could ever get in your life!

Congratulation, i am sure they will love canada. God bless you and your family.

AB....