Samana-Santo Domingo Highway Update

Cirilo

Mar 17, 2005
finally a good news

Good news for all the Samana region. I hope they'll keep working hard and get the work done as soon as possible.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
A bit disappointed in hearing its only a 2 lane highway...but I guess they better leave the other 2 lanes for the next guy.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Good to hear.

This may not only affect the Samana and Las Terrenas section but also open the sectors in between Cabarete and Nagua/Sanchez (like Rio San Juan) for some development.

It's funny, I first heard about that high way arround December last year and on mid May this year I asked about the progress (Highway Santo Domingo - Nagua/Sanchez, Progress?) and got no answer.
I would love to see the exact route, not just from where to where but also where through (?).

... J-D.

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
The route is out-there
We tried it, and it was beautiful trough the fields and rainforest, sometimes untouched for 6 years as a small rabit road and at some places you see a lot of people working to clear the path

in the middle of nowhere suddenly you'll find a open place where thousands of dollars of equipment (carterpillars bulldozers) are standing/lying rusty - broken - unused , when the construction stopped during Leo's first time as president ......

:tired: :eek:

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Details on Road to Samana

Where do you pick it up in Santo Domingo? Going to give it a go next weekend.

Thanks

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's not ready yet. When it is, the turning will be on the Mella highway that goes out of SD towards Boca Chica. Until then, you need to take the old route up the Duarte highway, via Cotui/San Francisco, Nagua and Sanchez.