Moving to Las Terrenas

bags-to-beaches

Jan 8, 2005
Hola! We (my husband and myself) have not been communicating on this website very much, but have both been reading many of the threads over the past few months and find it extremely interesting and informative. We are moving from Western Canada to the Las Terrenas area in September and would like to start conversing with people in the DR that are either in the Las Terrenas area or know quite a bit about that area. We hope to start up a small business in the area of property development and I hope to find some place that I can teach English as a second language (I do not have a degree to actually teach, but have my certificate to teach English). We are not planning on bringing very much with us from Canada -- we are proposing to "start over" and will be renting in that area. One of the things that we do plan on bringing with us is a computer/laptop and we wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the type to bring. We have a good computer right now, but it is big and bulky and would probably be costly to ship so we are thinking of selling this one and buying a laptop. I am not very familiar with the "wireless" versions, but were wondering if this might be the best thing to bring down with us.

Any other tidbits of advice would be greatly appreciated. The more we know before we go, the better. Look forward to hearing from anyone that can provide any insight!!!