bar on the beach

brenaud53

Jun 29, 2005
i,m interested in renting a bar on the beach in sosua. i do not need it for income but rather as a hobie to keep me busy and to employ my girlfriend. i have lived in sosua for 7months before and will be returning there in sept to live indefinatly. i have lived in sosua twice before once for 5mon and the last time for 7 mon. i have visited sharks bar and the owners and most of the other bars on this beach and have enjoyed this area very much. i speak enough spanish to get by and have a few friends who live here permenantly. i am curious and interested to hear any comments about this move from people in this forum. i will also be buying a used vehicle while i,m here and the reason for this as you know is the roads. and yes i will be renting an apt here as i have done before. i would like to fix the bar up to make it fun eg. tv music and of course generator. no food there are lots of resturants here already.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
This is a duplicate posting in the same forum. Can the moderator remove one of them?

brenaud53

Jun 29, 2005
first time

rellosk said:
This is a duplicate posting in the same forum. Can the moderator remove one of them?
sorry this is my first time doing this and i,m not sure how to do it???

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
brenaud53 said:
sorry this is my first time doing this and i,m not sure how to do it???
No problem. My comment was meant for the moderator who already removed the duplicate thread.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I think the people living in Sosua, maybe Escott, can answer this better than me... but first of all arrive, check with the vendor association in Sosua beach if there are lots available for rent at all.
I have no idea about the prices for rental or if available, and the possible break-even/income this could generate. As you say yourself, there are alots of those there already...
In my opinion, its will be more work than income.

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
just for info:
the bar dominicana-espana (around nr 100) is rented out now for 7.000 RDS/month
Maybe you pay your girlfriend a fixed salery and she is your house-maid? Would be more efective and less costly.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Have to agree with Smoky, pay your girlfriend and get "busy" with her as a hobby; more fun and less problems!

Better stay at the consumer's-side of the bar; it'll cost you less money and you can enjoy it, the other way around is a oneway-ticket to hell!

Good luck and be super-careful with anything you do here; they will try (and succeed) to screw you over and over again and there is nothing you can do against it.