Some Questions about Boca Chica

josully

Jan 6, 2005
Hi,
I am travelling to Boca Chica in 2 weeks with soem friends. I have some questions that hopefully someone on here might be able help me with.

1. I have heard BC has been more or less closed down. IS this true, is there any life left in the place. I am going with 5 friends, aged 22-28 years. Have read that BC is (was) a real party town. Any info will be much appreciated

2. I am staying at a hotel called (http://www.villadomainemarois.com/).
Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks in advance

j

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
josully said:
Hi,
I am travelling to Boca Chica in 2 weeks with soem friends. I have some questions that hopefully someone on here might be able help me with.

1. I have heard BC has been more or less closed down. IS this true, is there any life left in the place. I am going with 5 friends, aged 22-28 years. Have read that BC is (was) a real party town. Any info will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

j
Go to the thread MiAmor in the DR, this guy was just there, maybe after reading, your questions will be answered for you.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I found this on their website!
"Possibility to get its linen washed"

I wonder if you have the option of getting your towels changed?
I never heard of the hotel, It looks like a one-star type of situation.

http://bocachicabeach.net/hotels/hotels_small2.html

Costalunga,El Candil, Don Emelio, and Europa are all nice mid ranged hotels.

Try this link, and PLEASE do a search on DR1 for Boca Chica Hotels as well. Have a great trip.

vacationguy

Jun 29, 2005
josully said:
Appreciate ye taking the time out to reply

j

I just got back from Boca Chica, the town is a little dead. Its not my idea of a party town, unless you want hookers. Maybe I didnt get out enough as I was not there to party to but for R&R. If you wanna party maybe goto Santo Dominigo as there plenty of clubs and lounges around town where can u can meet a wide range of women and party goers.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
I found this on their website!
"Possibility to get its linen washed"
I believe they meant they have some sort of laundry service (which is unusual in a small Boca Chica hotel). In Spanish the website says, "Se le puede lavar su ropa".

BTW, I do agree with your recomendation of Costalunga and El Candil.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
ggn420 said:
Go to the thread MiAmor in the DR, this guy was just there, maybe after reading, your questions will be answered for you.

If you suggest that you may as well just tell him to make up his own answers since the post you suggest is a load of hooey.

josully

Jan 6, 2005
Cheers

ricktoronto said:
If you suggest that you may as well just tell him to make up his own answers since the post you suggest is a load of hooey.

Cheers ricktoronto, I didnt quite get why I was being directed to that thread..

Anyways, Thanks for all the replies, I suppose at the end of the day a holiday is what you make of it.
I came across that hotel on net and it was the first one I saw so I booked it. Nobody I have asked has ever stayed there so it is something of an unknown quantity. Would really appreciate some commens on it.

j

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I believe this is the place with some caged birds and some OK if smallish rooms located closer to the old Millanelli vs the main drag or even where Costlunga is. I have eaten breakfast there a couple times. It appears to be the one. Clean and quiet and sort of part of north Coquito vs Boca Chica.

I would not save $10 by using it vs. Candil or Costalunga though. Or use El Caucho as a slightly cheaper alternative to those two.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bring a can of RAID and watch out for Sarcoptes scabei since they advertise the sheets are not changed!

Or go to one of the hotels I suggested and not worry about things that go crawlie crawlie in the bed, that you did not invite!

Perhaps it is a nice one star hotel, ya never know.

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
I have been there briefly with some friends, but not stayed. It seemed quite nice and was owned by a french guy then but that was a couple of years ago now. If all is not well when you get there, I would highly recommend el caucho - I have been there loads of times and know the owners - really nice genuine people. The hotel has recently had a big extension and is lovely and priced reasonably too.
josully said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

j