Dominican Peso Exchange in US

donahooligan

Jun 30, 2005
My friend and I just got back from our vacation in Sosua. However, we did not have time to exchange our RD$ back into US currency at the airports. I live in MD and I can't seem to find a bank that will exchange RD$. I have about 70 US dollars in pesos. Does anyone know how I could exchange the Dominican Pesos for US Dollars? :confused:

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
aegap said:
where in maryland do you leave?... is it close to College Park?

Can you please inform about this particular place in college park? Where is it located? Also can you convert u.s. dollars to DR pesos at this place?

Thanks in advance!
carl e

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
carl ericson70 said:
Can you please inform about this particular place in college park? Where is it located? Also can you convert u.s. dollars to DR pesos at this place?
My guess is that aegap lives close to College Park and might be willing to change donahooligan's Pesos.

I'm not aware of anywhere you could go to change small amounts of Dominican Persos to US Dollars.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Airports that do a lot of charter business will at appalling rates - in Toronto they give about 2 1/2 cents per peso, so $2.50 CDN (US$2.00) for RD$100 worth nearly US$4.00. And there is a fee too , I think $3.00 or so.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Perhaps the OP

is that rare bird who visits the DR and does NOT plan on returning. :nervous: Personally, on my last few trips I've made sure I had at least a couple of thousand pesos left when I flew home. That way I wasn't under the pressure of needing to exchange $ the first thing on arriving next trip.