Visa question

A

apostropheman

Once a Dominican citizen has a passport where can they travel to without a visa or with an easily obtained visa?

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
apostropheman said:
Once a Dominican citizen has a passport where can they travel to without a visa or with an easily obtained visa?

If you had read the Friday news when you opened DR1 to post this thread, you would have your answer.

A

apostropheman

buseouno said:
If you had read the Friday news when you opened DR1 to post this thread, you would have your answer.
i missed the reciprocal part. thanks. skimming is good but not if you go too fast :surprised

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Yeah.................

.........all well and good, but I was trying to figure out HOW they would get to any of those countries WITHOUT having to pass through a country that needs a TRANSIT VISA..........

..........any ideas?

A

apostropheman

POP Bad Boy said:
.........all well and good, but I was trying to figure out HOW they would get to any of those countries WITHOUT having to pass through a country that needs a TRANSIT VISA..........

..........any ideas?

perhaps you could elaborate.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
POP Bad Boy said:

..........any ideas?

The simple answer is that they don't unless they have a private plane. Each of the 50 times this question came up the same information is asked and answered: regardless of visa or not at the destination, if they do not have transit visas for the connecting countries then they don't go. It is a simple equation.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
My girlfriend (who is a Dominican citizen) flew in May 2004 with just a Dominican passport and no visa (transit or otherwise) from Santo Domingo to Quito, Ecuador on Aeropostal. Going to Quito, the plane made stops in Aruba (she stayed in the plane), Caracas, Venezuela (she waited in the airport for like and hour), and Bogata, Colombia (she stayed in the airport for a few hours).

So the answer to the question is that a Dominican can definitely go to Ecuador with just a Dominican passport and no visas (as I said in the thread a few days ago).

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Most major international hub airports that I know have provisions for pasengers in transit to transfer planes without clearing local immigration or customs. Usually a holding area is provided if a layover period is necessary. I believe a transit visa is necessary only if you want to clear immigration.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No Visa Necessary

1-Argentina
2-Armenia
3-Bermuda
4-Cape Verde Islands
5-Chile
6-Colombia
7-Comores Islands
8-Cook Islands
9-Cuba
10-Dominica
11-Ecuador
12-Georgia (Visa on Arrival)
13-Hong Kong
14-Israel
15-Japan
16-South Korea
17-Macao (Visa on Arrival)
18-Madagascar (Visa on Arrival)
19-Malaysia
20-Maldives
21-Marshall Islands (Visa on Arrival)
22-Micronesia
23-Montserrat
24-Mozambique
25-Nicaragua
26-Niue
27-Palau Islands (Visa on Arrival)
28-Peru
29-Philippines
30-Samoa (Not American Samoa)
31-Seychelles
32-Singapore
33-Solomon Islands
34-St. Lucia
35-St. Vincent @ Grenadines
36-Tanzania (Visa on Arrival)
37-Timor Leste (Visa on Arrival)
38-Tunisia
39-Uganda (Visa on Arrival)
40-Uruguay
41-South Korea
42-Iceland
43-Liechtenstein

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Almost any country in the World will allow people to change planes in a secure area except for the U.S. I took my Dominican girlfriend to Buenos Aires through Panama with Copa once. She could not leave the area for transfers, but this was no problem.

You can check with the airline that is going where you want to fly to for further information. Just avoid the U.S.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
For a lot of the listed visa not required areas, if you remove the US as a connection you lose a lot of options. All airports do not have transit zones like Panama or Guatamela, many require at least a transit visa, so in some cases other than non stop flights there is no way to get to some of the listed locations. If a visa free connection is possible then of course they can. So the required steps are fingure out a location, find the connection info and then inquire as to the connecting country if they have sterile in transit areas or they don't. Starting in the DR reduces the options a bit, e.g. Caracas, Panama, and Havana as connecting points. Outside the USA that is.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would suggest contacting any large Dominican travel agent such as Emily Tours. They handle these situations every day. Talk to them about where you want to go and if it is possible. You will be surprised what is possible. They also have many planned trips for Dominicans and they handle Visa requirements.

I just ran a quick check and found out that you can transfer from any European Union country without a Visa. It must be a connecting flight out of the European Union.

So for example, you can fly direct to Spain from SDQ and transfer to your destination

Last edited:
A

apostropheman

Thank you all

Thank you all for your replies. The question is answered for me.