Euros in the DR

josully

Jan 6, 2005
Hi,
This may sound stupid but is it possible to exchange euros in Boca Chica or should I bring US$ dollars. been to the bank here in Ireland and they dont do DR pesos

Thanks in advance

j

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
You've asked a very good question.

The problem was that in past years the Euro rate in the Dominican cambios were never as competitive as the dollar rate. For example, given today's rates:

The RD to US is 28.50
The EU to US is 1.20
Therefore you should be getting 34.20 Pesos for each Euro.

Unfortunately in the past, given the same theoretical rates, the cambios only gave 30 or 31 Pesos for each Euro.

It would be good if someone could post both the US and EU exchange rate so you can see which currency you are better off with. The answer might also depend on what rate your bank gives you when converting US to EU. :confused:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
As stated by rellosk, the conversion rate for dollars is more competetive on the ground.. however, I just bring my bankcard and get my money from the ATM.. there are plenty in Boca Chica as well..

Slainte!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
It would be good if someone could post both the US and EU exchange rate so you can see which currency you are better off with.

bilgeno

Jun 27, 2005
Bring USD, the people in this country do not know that they have a currency on their own and ask everything in USD. Sometimes they apply an exchange rate with the Euro of 1:1 in which case it is oviously 20% cheaper to pay in USD.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Please

bilgeno said:
Bring USD, the people in this country do not know that they have a currency on their own and ask everything in USD. Sometimes they apply an exchange rate with the Euro of 1:1 in which case it is oviously 20% cheaper to pay in USD.

Please get away from the Resorts :tired: I am never told the prices of anything in USD except for the taxi at the airport. :cross-eye Second thought looking at some of the other posts made, Stay at the AI's you will be happier :nervous: