Info about Boca Chica???

J

JDean

Hi all, I was just surfin' on the net searching info about Boca Chica and I found this MB, I read several messages here before posting...I'm planning a last-minute travel from Italy to DR next days and some friends talked to me about the big fun they found in Boca Chica 2 years ago. Is there any1 who's been there recently?Is the weather nice this period?Is it possible finding decent private houses to stay or better bookin' a hotel? Can any1 suggest me discoes, beaches, places to visit and any other things you think I should know to go there and have fun and safety?? A big thank in advance to any reply...Stefano.

L

Line

Hello Stefano! I was very exited when I found your message, when I was on my daily surf on the Dominican websites. I have been to Boca Chica twice the last year, and will go again. Soon, hopefully. You are going in the middle of the hurricane season, but don`t worry, it`s usually limited to a heavy shower a day. When you arrive in Boca Chica, people will throw themselves at you, to offer all kinds of services, also to find hotel. Ask for the appartments, close to a restaurant called Il Gabbiano, owned by an Italian. Very good places, both. We stayed at the beach there the whole time. Boca Chica is a small town, but take care as a man! There is actually more risky to move around as a single man than a woman (as myself). The girls are very beautiful, and just as good thieves. Don`t get drunk, amigo! There are by the way an internetcafe there, the Codetel. Why don`t you mail me from there, and I`ll tell you all you want to know. Have an exellent trip!!! Best wishes, Line.

R

Rum runner

I just returned from Boca Chica. The place is one big party. I met so many nice people. The beach what can I say. The seafood never fresher. Its not Cancun but it does have its own charm.

M

Michelle

Hi - Saw your message on traveling to Boca Chica - I'll be traveling there in November....The itinery will be (3) days of diving and the rest of the days (5) will be to explore...any suggestions on where to go to soak up culture, hiking, "must see beaches"...

Thanks in advance for your help! Michelle