Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominicanos en Los Angeles?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominicanos en Los Angeles?

I've lived in L.A. for three years. I've met 2 Dominicans. I'm originally from NYC. If you live in L.A. or in the area, drop me an email at dheredia4@yahoo.com It's depressing that some people in California don't even know what Domincans are. At the drive thru at Taco bell the other day, this guy asked me what flag I was representing on a T-shirt meant. When I replied La Republica Dominicana, He said, and I quote " What's that."

2. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Heredia
    I've lived in L.A. for three years. I've met 2 Dominicans. I'm originally from NYC. If you live in L.A. or in the area, drop me an email at dheredia4@yahoo.com It's depressing that some people in California don't even know what Domincans are. At the drive thru at Taco bell the other day, this guy asked me what flag I was representing on a T-shirt meant. When I replied La Republica Dominicana, He said, and I quote " What's that."
    Mexicans or just people in Cali, in general??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Heredia

I was born in raised in Los Angeles--Silverlake to be exact--right next to Echo Park by downtown. Predominantly mexicanos. I actually never met ONE dominican growing up there. However, the people do know what Dominicans are. I used to always get mistaken for that--well still am anyway. I think it's just the dominican community ain't all that visible. I have met a few cubans and puerto-ricans however.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

there must be at least 100 dominicanlala's. vlad guerrero and his entourage of 100 dominicans that you'll find in the stands at angels games. i'm sure that they don't hang out in anaheim.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Actually, there is a good group of Dominicans out in LA-
    Get in touch with the consulate they organize events out here that are good for meeting some Dominicans-
    Also- there is a lady down in Long Beach who imports products from DR- a little salchichon and Presidente never hurts

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Right Here

Over here in Inglewood and for about the past year I have been trying to contact fellow Dominicans in the Los Angeles area. Glad to hear from you.

I will contact you and we will get together to add to the (single digit) number of Dominicans in Los Angeles.

Standing in the Gap,
    Shelby Stokes

Post Thanks / Like

I live in San Diego, Ca, born in DR. I think it's funny too that no one knows la Republica Dominicana but yet here in San Diego most young Mexican dance to Merengue and Bachata at the clubs. usually if I speak spanish to a Mexican they are totally suprise and then they come to the conclusion that I must be from Puerto Rico. oh they one that kills me it's " habla muy bien el espaņol" of course I do it's my first language. Anyway, here in San Diego there are a few Dominicans mostly because of the military.

9. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my acquaintances in the DR has a brother in the US Navy that lives in San Diego. He's been there for ages already. If I can get his number, I'll try to pass it on to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uscustoms
    I live in San Diego, Ca, born in DR. I think it's funny too that no one knows la Republica Dominicana but yet here in San Diego most young Mexican dance to Merengue and Bachata at the clubs. usually if I speak spanish to a Mexican they are totally suprise and then they come to the conclusion that I must be from Puerto Rico. oh they one that kills me it's " habla muy bien el espaņol" of course I do it's my first language. Anyway, here in San Diego there are a few Dominicans mostly because of the military.
    hola

en donde vives yo soy dominicana tambien y vivio en la jolla
    san diego

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The ones that still kill me are...

Quote Originally Posted by uscustoms
    "How did you learn Spanish?"(The same way I learned English), "You don't look Dominican"(How does a Dominican look?), "Where in Mexico is that?"(It's outside of Mexico,in the gulf! "Are you and Haiti the same country?"(No, I'm not a country yet) Those are some of my actual answers. Sometimes I just have to bite my tongue and answer in a civil manner.

13. Likes Auryn liked this post
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast