Have we scared them away?

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lately there have been very few posts from NA woman regarding their new and/or not so new Dominican boyfriends. Seems that the fellas are the love lorn and broken hearted of late. Maybe the sankie stories and tough love antics are starting to make an impact or maybe we've scared the ladies away. Hopefully we've made a difference!
:)
Cheers y cuidate
Nelly

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Just maybe!

Nelly said:
Lately there have been very few posts from NA woman regarding their new and/or not so new Dominican boyfriends. Seems that the fellas are the love lorn and broken hearted of late. Maybe the sankie stories and tough love antics are starting to make an impact or maybe we've scared the ladies away. Hopefully we've made a difference!
Cheers y cuidate
Nelly
Maybe some did their jobs and searched the many threads we have about those creatures and thought better than to post here.

Maybe some came to their senses and left their "lust" behind.

Maybe some felt ashamed of themselves for forgetting about their common senses.

Maybe they just read the many helpful threads and their eyes were opened.

Maybe they did not wanted a bunch of strangers telling them how stupid they were for thinking with their hearts and not their heads.

Maybe some just don't care since that's all they do while on vacation: bed sankies, any sankies.

The list is endless! ;)

Ps: all of the above could be said about a man that bedded a sankiette.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No, that's not it!!!

We are just having TOO much fun reading about the poor suckers that have made so much fun of us for being 'sankiefied', and are now starting to realize that they were taken for all they're worth also!!!

What goes around, comes around...remember? ;)

MQ

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Summer isn't exactly sankie season. Who wants to leave our 35 degree celsious weather up here. ;)

In all honesty I'm sure there are more men than women that fall for the trap and spend tons more money but men aren't as likely to write about it.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh, so darn true!

Anna Coniglio said:
In all honesty I'm sure there are more men than women that fall for the trap and spend tons more money but men aren't as likely to write about it.
I hate to agree with you but you are, in my opinion, right.

Guys tend to lose it not only with sankiettes, but also with hookers and waitresses. Meanwhile most females stick with the low-lives resort sankies.

Can I say that men have more to choose from?. LOL.

Note: Not all resort workers are sankies (at least 1% is not, lol) and not all sankies are resort workers.

Last edited:

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Summer isn't exactly sankie season. Who wants to leave our 35 degree celsious weather up here. ;)

You're right. It seems to be a constant source of amusent for some of the expats that I met there. The stories they told about the men make the sankie stories here pale in comparison.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
And let us not forget...

miguel said:
Guys tend to lose it not only with sankiettes, but also with hookers and waitresses. Meanwhile most females stick with the low-lives resort sankies.

Can I say that men have more to choose from?. LOL.
all those doctors and lawyers and coeds (Oh, My!) in Santiago.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I think that chicks have just smartened up before they post.... there are lots of sankie stories out there but it's fun to read about men who are getting put down or are having a hard time finding a lay... but yet they don't get 50 million posts telling them how stupid they are for doing someone there...

Keep posting them guys.... Our turn to have a laugh at the stories !

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Anna Coniglio said:

Where do you base this on? Inquiring minds want to know..

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I still get emails and pms... but I agree, there are few posters now.

Probably like Anna said, it is not season right now.
The ones that met a sankie/sankiette during the spring/summer, they are either thru or just go on with their "love"...

When the season starts later on this year, we will be as busy as always having fun reading, I am sure! ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
MerengueDutchie said:
Where do you base this on? Inquiring minds want to know..

Sankie season?....based on the more than 6 years I've been on DR1.

Not wanting to leave the 35 degree weather?........I finally broke down and had to get an air conditioner. I never thought is was worth it for the weeks weeks of summer we get in Canada. :laugh:

Men vs women? Sorry I can not reveal. You know moderator/members confidentiality code. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Between seasons....

We are just into our summer season and maybe the lack of threads is because we are just out of our shoulder season. The occupancy rate was down for May and June for Canadians, Americans and British... the main source of prey for sankies.....

The hotels have been doing a good business with locals and Puerto Ricans, who are not great targets for sankies...

You are right Anna, it is nice and hot in Canada right now. Why exchange that for here when you can save your dollars and come back in October....... Woooo hoooo.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Musicqueen said:
We are just having TOO much fun reading about the poor suckers that have made so much fun of us for being 'sankiefied', and are now starting to realize that they were taken for all they're worth also!!!

What goes around, comes around...remember? ;)

MQ
I have to admit that I can no longer find my money. I am so broke I can't afford to pay attention!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
You are probably correct, but men may be better at accepting the relationship for what it is (or is not).

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Nelly said:
Cheers y cuidate
Nelly

Lol! just because we may have scared them away doesn't mean that the cease to exist. A sucker is born every 10 seconds.:)