How much longer???

miguelito

Feb 16, 2005
Hi everybody!
I am a US citizen, married to Dominican lady. We petisioned for a CR visa for my wife in October 1993. US Visa Center send our case to the ambassy at Santo Domingo September 1994. How long should we wait for a cita!!!!!
I just checked a list for August - we are still not there. Is it normal? Did enybody have an appointment resently? How much did you wait? Is there any way to find out? I try to call to the ambassy, they would not tell...

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Wow, I think 11 weeks may have been too long for me ...you sure are a patient person waiting 11 years for an appointment.

miguelito

Feb 16, 2005
Sorry!

Very very sorry.
Wrong century. Not 1993, 1994. That is to long indeed.
Correct year is 2003, 2004.
My appologies to everyone.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguelito said:
Very very sorry.
Wrong century. Not 1993, 1994. That is to long indeed.
Correct year is 2003, 2004.
My appologies to everyone.
I kind of thought you had typed in the wrong date, or were putting us on. (Lately, I've seemed to become more cynical).

While I'm not sure what a CR visa is, almost two years without hearing anything seems like a long time. There's a user group on yahoo that deals with K-1 and K-3 visas. I'm sure if you posted your question there, you will get some answers as what to do next.

miguelito

Feb 16, 2005
windeguy said:
Can you describe what exactly is a CR visa?

Maybe this will help:
We have been waiting for over a year now to get an appointment for a residency visa for the US. I am from the US and also a DR resident, and my wife is Dominican, so we could apply for this here in the DR. We are on a waiting list that we can check on-line at:

http://www.usemb.gov.do/Consular/waiting_list-s.htm

They are going through that list slowly at about 400 to 500 per month, so it will still be several more months before an appointment is granted and we know the answer.

Thanks for the link windeguy!
Just checked that list. Our # is 7500 something.
Does that means we have to wait 15 more month?????????
Are they kidding! Our priority date is October 2003. That means I have to wait for a visa for my wife for 3.5 years. When we apply they told us it is going to take a year and a half max.
CR means conditional relative. If you married to your spouse for less then 2 years, they put condition on your marriage. After 2 years you are IR- immidient relative.
I just checked the list of appointments for August. There are 62 pages with about 50 cases per page. That makes 3200 cases for a month of August.
How come they only take 400, 500 a month from the waiting list?
What is going on here?

Last edited:

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Actually it's more

They are processing more than 2000 cases per month. If I was wainting a year for the appointment I would seriouslly be asking questions. Our case has been at the embassy for 3 months now, but I really don't expect to hear until about 5 or 6 months. There are 22,000 people on the waiting list but it is very clear they don't go by the numbers. There have recently been people with numbers in the 19,000 range getting appointments. It's like the lottery.

The CR1 visa is for conditional permanent residents. That is what we filed for. With that visa, you get your green card right away and do not have to adjust status until 2 years after you arrive in the US.

Check out the numbers on my stats page at www.dominicanstotheusa.com. You can see a little bit how they are doing with the interviews, and the trends in the process. Many more CR1 interviews are being scheduled now.

-Tim
Visit our immigration forums at:

http://www.dominicanstotheusa.com
http://forums.dominicanstotheusa.com

tropical

Nov 20, 2004
www.facebook.com
CR means conditional relative. If you married to your spouse for less then 2 years, they put condition on your marriage. After 2 years you are IR- immidient relative.
[/QUOTE]
I am in the process of putting a package together to peticion for my DR husband, we've only been married a couple of months. I was told I could submit the I-130 here in the DR. Does that mean that if I do it will take longer than if I submit in the US?. I am an American Citizen born in the DR & have been staying in the DR for about a year 1/2 now w/plans to reestablish in Corporate America next summer. What exactly makes you a resident of the DR? Is the fact the I was born here & have a cedula enough? Is the cedula what they mean by resident card?

Thanks for any help.

miguelito

Feb 16, 2005
tropical said:
I am in the process of putting a package together to peticion for my DR husband, we've only been married a couple of months. I was told I could submit the I-130 here in the DR. Does that mean that if I do it will take longer than if I submit in the US?. I am an American Citizen born in the DR & have been staying in the DR for about a year 1/2 now w/plans to reestablish in Corporate America next summer. What exactly makes you a resident of the DR? Is the fact the I was born here & have a cedula enough? Is the cedula what they mean by resident card?

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]
If you are DR born, you should have a dual sitizenship - DR and US. Congrats!
Surprized you didnt know that. Yes you can apply for CR visa in DR. My best bet would be - in US it will take a little less time, but sins you reside in DR, you dont have much of a choice. Must apply at the place of residency. I might be wrong thou. Good luck!

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
miguelito said:

Thanks for any help.

Actually, if you are a resident of DR you are very lucky that you can submit your petition directly to the consulate there. It is much faster than filing from the states because you dont have to go through 3 agencies, just one.

Good luck.