VENUS, BORA BORA, ZEUS CABANA PRICES anyone????

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
1- VENUS
2- BORA BORA
3- ZEUS

has anyone stayed in any of these Santiago cabanas?
can anyone tell me price for 3-5 hrs and for overnight and
in which category?

thanks.

THE GAME <hate it or love it>

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
THE GAME said:
1- VENUS
2- BORA BORA
3- ZEUS

has anyone stayed in any of these Santiago cabanas?
can anyone tell me price for 3-5 hrs and for overnight and
in which category?

thanks.

THE GAME <hate it or love it>

Bora Bora? Isn't that the place where Osama bin Laden met his demise?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
around 400 plus pesos (3-5 hrs)for a regular cabana with jacuzzi.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Jimmydr said:
they will try to overcharge gringos.

Yeah? AZB is spot on with the going rate.

Many have prices posted. Plus, it's not like it's a face to face interaction.

What hard proof do you have that you have been overcharged in a Cabana.
If so, what one and how was you over charged?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Jimmydr said:
they will try to overcharge gringos.

If you want to avoid being overcharged, have a local Cibae?o call the cabana for the going rates, or you can fake a heavy Cibae?o accent, something to the effect:

Hal? compai, cuanto ai que pagai en su motei pa pasai un rato con mi mujei?

dropitlikeithot

Jun 22, 2005
Mirador said:
If you want to avoid being overcharged, have a local Cibae?o call the cabana for the going rates, or you can fake a heavy Cibae?o accent, something to the effect:

well, i'm not gringo nor dominican but have been confused as being dominican so that helps to get the real rate in dr. Now i have better idea as to what going rate is.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Mirador said:

That, was funny!!!

There is a difference though, between a Cibae?o and a campesino.

Figgy1020

Sep 30, 2004
Bora Bora Is Awesome!

Bora Bora is beautiful! and the food is good too! its very expensive for an all nighter...el "Ejecutivo" was $178USD ($5,000 something RD - November 2004) ...we were there for a total of about 18 hours...I don't know about rates changing for the gringos...but both my husband and I are dominican and that's what we paid... but seriously, its really, really nice...
Helios was much more reasonable like $400RD (Ejecutivo) if I remember correctly for 4 hours ... it wasn't as nice as Bora Bora but the jacuzzi is outdoors...which was awesome (private to your room of course)...
never been to Zeus.

Figgy1020

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Figgy1020 said:
Bora Bora is beautiful! and the food is good too! its very expensive for an all nighter...el "Ejecutivo" was $178USD ($5,000 something RD - November 2004) ...we were there for a total of about 18 hours...I don't know about rates changing for the gringos...but both my husband and I are dominican and that's what we paid... but seriously, its really, really nice...
Helios was much more reasonable like $400RD (Ejecutivo) if I remember correctly for 4 hours ... it wasn't as nice as Bora Bora but the jacuzzi is outdoors...which was awesome (private to your room of course)...
never been to Zeus.

if

Figgy1020

good info.. thnx.

1) if 5,000 for allnighter(18 hrs) at bora bora, how much you think would be for 3-4 hrs at bora bora ejecutivo?

2) ejecutivo is the most luxurious of the rooms at bora bora and at helios??

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Figgy1020 said:
never been to Zeus.

Figgy1020

i have never been to a cabana so excuse my ignorance
on this:

1) as you enter the cabana, how do you know which room is standard, ejecutiva, presidencial?

2) how do you know which one is not occupied?
you can tell if garage is open?

appreciate these answers and anything else you want to provide on Cabanas 101 class. :)

thnx.

Figgy1020

Sep 30, 2004
"Theme Rooms"

Game -

The rooms at Helios and Bora Bora are "themed" room (I will assume u know what that means) anyways at Bora Bora there is a Presidential and Ejecutivo...
I've only been to Ejecutivo, I assume the Presidential is the MOST luxurious as they are the 1st ones when you enter ...
I'm 98% sure that a few hours was $800RD at Bora Bora ...
there are signs outside each room letting u know which is which ...

when a room is available...the garage door is open and most of the times there are workers on the gounds cleaning up and what not that can direct you ... I'm imaging you'll be visiting a caba?a with a "native"...i'm positive he/she will know what to do and how it works... ;)

Bora Bora is worth every penny, if u ask me...

Last edited:

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Figgy1020 said:
Game -

The rooms at Helios and Bora Bora are "themed" room (I will assume u know what that means) anyways at Bora Bora there is a Presidential and Ejecutivo...
I've only been to Ejecutivo, I assume the Presidential is the MOST luxurious as they are the 1st ones when you enter ...
I'm 98% sure that a few hours was $800RD at Bora Bora ...
there are signs outside each room letting u know which is which ...

when a room is available...the garage door is open and most of the times there are workers on the gounds cleaning up and what not that can direct you ... I'm imaging you'll be visiting a caba?a with a "native"...i'm positive he/she will know what to do and how it works... ;)

Bora Bora is worth every penny, if u ask me...

thnx.

yep i know what term themed means; i've been to DR many times but never to a cabana. I go to visit someone yes. I'm not gringo though (I'm from central america)
and people do sometimes confuse with being dominican
but when i talk you can tell i'm not... i have accent from
my country (just a lil' bit). She has no idea about cabanas
b/c she's never been to one and she wants to see how a cabana is. I want to see how it is too.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I was just at Zeus last weekend. I think my room was like an executive suite or something since it has jacuzzi, two levels, couches, tv's, etc.

Paid RD990 pesos for about 4hrs and then wanted to stay longer. Argued about the price but it was the last one available so I had no choice. For the extra 3hrs to stay until 10 am they charged me another RD990 but they did tell me before it would be that. I needed the sleep though.

I probably paid Gringo price but the 2000 pesos total is still less than US$70 and a room like that would normally go for over US$200.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Conchman said:
I was just at Zeus last weekend. I think my room was like an executive suite or something since it has jacuzzi, two levels, couches, tv's, etc.

Paid RD990 pesos for about 4hrs and then wanted to stay longer. Argued about the price but it was the last one available so I had no choice. For the extra 3hrs to stay until 10 am they charged me another RD990 but they did tell me before it would be that. I needed the sleep though.

I probably paid Gringo price but the 2000 pesos total is still less than US$70 and a room like that would normally go for over US$200.
That's strange that a cabana would be more cozier than a regular hotel room, isn't supposed to be the other way around?