Orange PAYG SIM cards at POP airport

gaijin

Jul 19, 2005
Do any stores at the Puerto Plata (POP) airport sell Orange PAYG (prepaid) SIM cards?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
You can buy simcard w. phonenumber, and separate cards value of 60, 100, 200 pesos etc.
I don?t know what the simcard cost though.
There are stores all over town selling simcards and activation, you don?t need to find them, they will find you! ;)

gaijin

Jul 19, 2005
Thanks for the answer, however I'm looking to buy the SIM card at the airport. Are there any stores that sell them right at the Puerto Plata airport?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
gaijin said:
Thanks for the answer, however I'm looking to buy the SIM card at the airport. Are there any stores that sell them right at the Puerto Plata airport?

I don?t think they sell simcards at the airport. But Orange is represented with own stores in the city, also at the biggest supermarkets ( Tropical as well as Jose Luis ) and at many, many small cell phone stores.. They are soon as many as the dentists and motoconchos in the city! ;)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
The ORANGE SIM CARD itself.............

...........will cost about 300 peso ($10.50 US +-)....and all the orange stores sell them.......EASIEST PLACE in POP is the booth at Caribe Tours.....the downtown office is sometimes busy and slow..... Don't think there is an Orange booth at the airport.....prepaid cards are probably available there but NOT THE SIM CARD.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
SIM card for Blackberry

Anyone know if SIM cards for Blackberry's are available? I have a Blackberry 7280 - which has a cell phone and I would like to be able to at least use the cell on my next trip. I do not intend to use the BB for emails or text while in DR.