Dominican Coming to U.S.

dasmel30

Jul 19, 2005
I'm new to the boards and just had a quick question which has probably been answered before. If it has been answered before, please post the link.

A friend of mine living in Santo Domingo will be coming to visit me here in the states in December. What is required for him to come? He said that a letter has to be written by me to the Dominican government in order for him to be allowed into the states.

Thanks for all your help!

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
dasmel30 said:
I'm new to the boards and just had a quick question which has probably been answered before. If it has been answered before, please post the link.

A friend of mine living in Santo Domingo will be coming to visit me here in the states in December. What is required for him to come? He said that a letter has to be written by me to the Dominican government in order for him to be allowed into the states.

What your friend will need is visitors visa. A simple google search will pull up a wealth of knowledge regarding how to obtain a visitors visa.

Your message reads like its a forgone conclusion that your friend will be with you in December. Visitors visas for Dominicans are not easy to obtain. Good luck.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
dasmel30 said:

He will need a visitors visa from the US and a whole lotta of luck.
Does he have a business, bank accounts, possibly a rabbits foot??

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
dasmel30 said:
.. He said that a letter has to be written by me to the Dominican government in order for him to be allowed into the states.
Although, a letter from a sponsor is required, it is rarely enough. Visitors visas are rarely granted for Dominicans. It will help if your friend has a good job, owns his own home, and has lots of money in the bank. The US government wants to be sure that the visitor won't overstay their visa.

mayte

Jul 17, 2005
Visiting the States

dasmel30 said:

Why don't you call the Immigration Department. They will guide you
with all the information you need. At the moment I don't have the phone
number but search for Immigration in googles.

dasmel30

Jul 19, 2005
Thanks for all the advice.

My friend has been to the states previously for college for a period of 2 years. Hopefully this will aide in getting the visa again.

Wish us luck!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
dasmel30 said:
My friend has been to the states previously for college for a period of 2 years. Hopefully this will aide in getting the visa again.
Unfortunately it won't (it may actually hurt), unless the purpose of the new visa is also for education. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.