Coffee pot ? Marien Coral

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos,

can anyone tell me if it's possible to bring your own coffee (grounded) and use it in the coffee pot they have in the restroom ? Did I need filters ?

What a bizzare question euh ???

7 sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps Ya ! :nervous:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Why would you bring your own coffee when the DR has the best coffee?

Well unless you like coffee that tastes like the water after rinsing out my cup. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
rellosk said:
The bizarre part is imagining they have a coffee pot in the restroom. :confused:

Lots of big hotels have coffee makers in the bathroom, along with coffee, sugar and filters.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Lots of big hotels have coffee makers in the bathroom, along with coffee, sugar and filters.
In the bathroom, you're kidding? You'd think they'd find a better place for it. Ugh!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
rellosk said:
In the bathroom, you're kidding? You'd think they'd find a better place for it. Ugh!

I know, I move it into the bedroom on the dresser ;)

BTW this isn't just a DR thing. You don't get out much do you? :laugh:

Last edited:

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
It's a decaf, story...

I take coffee each morning but just decafeinated. But I don't like freeze dried coffee like Sanka or Maxell House. So I want to make my own coffee in the coffeemaker they put at my disposal.

Good idea to take the coffee machine in your room Anna thanks for this subtile idea.

For those who never saw a coffee machine in their bathroom don't worry and begin to travel...

Holacanada

PS: In one week ill be in my hotel room with the coffee pot and i am gonna think about all of you ! :nervous:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:

Eddie, it is quite common as that is where they already have a ground fault protected high wattage plug for the hair dryer.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
i'd bring the filters. Alot of hotels use those coffee pouches where the coffee and filter are all in one. can't remember in DR, but most hotels have a decaf pouch too.

DR coffee is the best in the world. just wish they'd have decaf or half&half. since i'm not use to caffeinated, i'm climbing the walls within 30 minutes of drinking it.

May 31, 2005
JanH said:
i'd bring the filters. Alot of hotels use those coffee pouches where the coffee and filter are all in one. can't remember in DR, but most hotels have a decaf pouch too.

DR coffee is the best in the world. just wish they'd have decaf or half&half. since i'm not use to caffeinated, i'm climbing the walls within 30 minutes of drinking it.
Yeah, some hotel staff say that the pouch is the filter and others say that the coffee is already filtered.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
I know, I move it into the bedroom on the dresser ;)

BTW this isn't just a DR thing. You don't get out much do you? :laugh:
:confused: I guess I was a little dense when I first read the thread. I was thinking of the public restrooms in the hotels. Not the bathrooms in the rooms.

Never mind!

Emily Litella

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
luzcace said:
BRING THE FILTERS AS THE COFFEE COMES IN POUCHES

Usually the pouches are the coffee and the filter in one - just put that in the basket. What hotel would expect guests to bring filters and only supply the coffee makers, cups, water and coffee? I can tell you - none. What a silly idea.