Presidente in Georgia

pjjlaw

Jul 23, 2005
Does anyone know of a place I can buy Presidente in the state of Georgia, USA? or Alabama?

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Green's Package Store is Your Supplier!

pjjlaw said:
Does anyone know of a place I can buy Presidente in the state of Georgia, USA? or Alabama?

If you are close to Atlanta you can buy it at any Green's Package store, the one I always go to is on Ponce De Leon Ave. in Midtown by City Hall East in the shopping plaza next to Dugan's here is the contact info for both locations

Green's Beverage Stores
2612 Buford Hwy Ne - Atlanta, GA
404-321-6232

Green's Beverage Stores
737 Ponce De Leon Avenue Ne - Atlanta, GA
404-872-1109

I would get a 6 pack this weekend but I'm going to wait till this Friday when I arrive for a 4 day jaunt to Caberete and Puerto Plata...CIAO!

pjjlaw

Jul 23, 2005
Muchas gracias. I am acquainted with a number of members of the Dominican Military who are taking courses here at Fort Benning. Sometimes they get thirsty and I want to look after them.

Again, thanks.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
My favorite beer - All over ATL

You can go into any of the predominant Latino/multicultural areas in Atlanta and find it.

There's a package on Buford Hwy and Shallowford that religiously stocks Presidente and Brugal as well.

There's another package near Lawrenceville Hwy and Beaver Ruin in Lilburn that carries Presidente as well.

There's a Kroger off of Chamblee Tucker and I285 that carries Presidente.

I've recently found that the Green's on Ponce doesn't carry Presidente regularly anymore. You must call before going.

Good luck!!!

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
I used to buy mine at the Quik Trip gas stations, but now they don't seem to stock it. Also, all the Krogers used to have it, but maybe now only in the Latino areas. I want some of that Siboney!

pjjlaw

Jul 23, 2005
I telephoned Greens and they said they don't stock Presidente any more. Relates to fact that Presidente comes via whomever distributes Miller beers, and that distributorship recently changed hands in Atlanta.

Can you tell me the names of the package stores you referred to?

Thanx.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
pjjlaw said:
I telephoned Greens and they said they don't stock Presidente any more. Relates to fact that Presidente comes via whomever distributes Miller beers, and that distributorship recently changed hands in Atlanta.

Can you tell me the names of the package stores you referred to?

Thanx.

The only place where I bought Presidente was the Green's location on Ponce...other than that I'm not sure...

pjjlaw

Jul 23, 2005
If anyone is interested B. Merrell's a restaurant in Tallahassee stocks Presidente, so it should be available at the package stores there. Mr. Merrell is bringing me a couple of cases.

Ciao!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wow, atlanta has surely changed since I had lived there 7 years ago. I go to atlanta area regularly and I have never seen presidente beer anywhere. I am glad to see that this beer has made it's presence there as well.
By the way "package" or "package store" is reffered to liquor store (southern term).

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
cerveza

In adventure, north miami beach, publix is selling 12 packs for $9.00 plus tax.
Cheapeer then in the DR. Duh!

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Beer at the corner store.......mmmmmmmmm

You guy's don't know how good you got it by just being able to walk to the corner to get beer. Can't do that here in Ontario. Maybe I'll start a petition or something. ;)

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Bar and restaurant in Norcross

pjjlaw said:

I know of a Dominican Restaurant up in Norcross called Santo Domingo that obviously sells Presidente. . . . .

I much prefer drinking Presidente while listening to some Merengue or Bachata and Santo Domingo is a cool place to do that.

Speaking of Presidente. . . . . .I posted a few Presidente TV Commercials for those of us that miss the DR. Gives me a "taste" of what I am missing. . . . . hopefully I'll get back down there soon. Heck I just got back 2 weeks ago and I need another fix. . . .

http://www.dr-tourist.tv/pages/Presidente_spots.html

fidalgo141

Feb 18, 2006
Is there a somewhere in the Atlanta area that I can stop and pick up some Presidente at any time? I'd hate to drive in from Charlotte and find nothing.