Small, childfriendly place in the south coast?

Jeanie

Jul 20, 2005
Hello again,

I?ve been asking questions about Las Terrenas and Las Galeras because me and my husband fell in love with Samana seven years ago. But the wind conditions in jan-feb now worries us becuase we now bring two kids, 2 & 6 years old. Sincewe?re planning to practically "live on the beach" the beach-water & wave-conditions are quite important to us.

After consulting our diary we now remember that the water visibility was much better in the south coast. As we understand it, it may also be easier to find a child-friendly beach without waves in the southcoast.

Back then we stayed in Boca Chica. Practical when you want to scuba dive but not at all as nice as the villages in Samana. And not as beautiful...
Maybe we have to kill our darling Samana and look for a small, place with a nice beach, no waves and nice atmosphere in the south, instead. Our son, 6 yr, loves to snorkel so we also wish a reef at swimmingdistance from shore. All-inclusive are not our thing, we have a budget for around 50-60 dollars per night. We plan to stay for three weeks.

Are there such a place in the south-coast? A "south-coast-Terrenas"?

I am so grateful for answers!

alina

Jul 24, 2005
live on the beach

Jeanie said:
Hello again,

I?ve been asking questions about Las Terrenas and Las Galeras because me and my husband fell in love with Samana seven years ago. But the wind conditions in jan-feb now worries us becuase we now bring two kids, 2 & 6 years old. Sincewe?re planning to practically "live on the beach" the beach-water & wave-conditions are quite important to us.

After consulting our diary we now remember that the water visibility was much better in the south coast. As we understand it, it may also be easier to find a child-friendly beach without waves in the southcoast.

Back then we stayed in Boca Chica. Practical when you want to scuba dive but not at all as nice as the villages in Samana. And not as beautiful...
Maybe we have to kill our darling Samana and look for a small, place with a nice beach, no waves and nice atmosphere in the south, instead. Our son, 6 yr, loves to snorkel so we also wish a reef at swimmingdistance from shore. All-inclusive are not our thing, we have a budget for around 50-60 dollars per night. We plan to stay for three weeks.

Are there such a place in the south-coast? A "south-coast-Terrenas"?

I am so grateful for answers!
Bayahibe has a few small hotels very close to beach, and next door to the all inclusive properties. The waves sometimes are high but if you go to the beach early in the morning the kids will enjoy the peace. I have an 8 Yrs old and that`s the place I always choose. Hotel Bocayate, is a small place, you get clean sheets and water no luxuries. It is at walking distance from the beach and many small italian owned restaurants around.
Also try: Hotel Bayahibe Price: US$20-40 Phone: +1 809 833 0159
Directions: Can't be missed, is in the middle of the village.
If you go to samana try Club Bonito in Las Galeras It is far away but worth the trip and the sea is calm.http://www.club-bonito.com/

Last edited: