Diving/Club Med Punta Cana, DR?????

vmangione

Jul 25, 2005
A group of guys from Seattle, WA are planning a scuba diving trip around April or May of 2006. We are considering a trip to the DR but have never been. I'm looking for an experienced diver to give their opinion on the diving in the DR as well as an opinion on the Club Med resort in Punta Cana. Thank you

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
vmangione said:
A group of guys from Seattle, WA are planning a scuba diving trip around April or May of 2006. We are considering a trip to the DR but have never been. I'm looking for an experienced diver to give their opinion on the diving in the DR as well as an opinion on the Club Med resort in Punta Cana. Thank you

Club Med was a place for singles in the 70s, but come the 90s, it is the most family oriented of resorts. You would be sharing your vacation where children under 13 will be the majority. If you are a group of guys, you do not want to stay in Club Med, unless you were doing a study on children's group behavior.

Many other choices. If you are into diving, I would recommend checking out the hotels in the Bayahibe area on the southeastern coast. Club Med is on the eastern coast.

See http://dr1.com/directories/index.shtml

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Can't tell you about the Club Med but the diving is Great!!

If you want to dive the Atlantic you'll be better situated on the north coast but if it's wrecks, walls, and caves you're looking for then the south east coast (think Bayahibe, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica) is where you'll want to be.
From any of these locations it's a quick trip to Dive at Embassy (wreck) the Tania V (wreck) or Las Galetas (wreck). The wall and the aquarium at Catalina Island is just a short trip also as are several cave/cavern dives near Boca Chica.

Any good dive shop can take you to most of the sites or you may want to hook up with a local PADI dive instructor to provide 'private' tours for your group (PM me if you want contact info for a couple).

Check out my DR1 Blog for some pic's of the underwater widelife and keep tuning into my blog as I'm just scanning some photos in and will be posting more dive pic's in the next 10 days or so.

<a href="http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=MommC" target="_blank">One Click will do!!</a><br /></div>

Here's a "teaser" for you
MommC_z25.JPG

MommC_z6.jpg

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Also, see different dive site descriptions on www.seaprodivers.com, from all over DR.
Not only they provide the service, most divecompanies does.
But it gives you an idea what to expect where.

vmangione

Jul 25, 2005
Thank you

Thank you for your input, it will be helpful. Any suggestions on resorts for singles in their 30's?

MommC said:
If you want to dive the Atlantic you'll be better situated on the north coast but if it's wrecks, walls, and caves you're looking for then the south east coast (think Bayahibe, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica) is where you'll want to be.
From any of these locations it's a quick trip to Dive at Embassy (wreck) the Tania V (wreck) or Las Galetas (wreck). The wall and the aquarium at Catalina Island is just a short trip also as are several cave/cavern dives near Boca Chica.

Any good dive shop can take you to most of the sites or you may want to hook up with a local PADI dive instructor to provide 'private' tours for your group (PM me if you want contact info for a couple).

Check out my DR1 Blog for some pic's of the underwater widelife and keep tuning into my blog as I'm just scanning some photos in and will be posting more dive pic's in the next 10 days or so.

<a href="http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=MommC" target="_blank">One Click will do!!</a><br /></div>

Here's a "teaser" for you
MommC_z25.JPG

MommC_z6.jpg