Are moderators allowed to use the N-word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Since when are moderators, i.e., Robert allowed to use the word N-word in their posts. Are they exempt from getting away with using racial epithets.

Wait I'm sure this thread will be deleted in a matter of minutes--we wouldn't want the impartiality of the moderators on this message board to be questioned now would we?

Roober you're supposed to be a moderator, not a bigot.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Exxtol said:
Since when are moderators, i.e., Robert allowed to use the word N-word in their posts. Are they exempt from getting away with using racial epithets.

Wait I'm sure this thread will be deleted in a matter of minutes--we wouldn't want the impartiality of the moderators on this message board to be questioned now would we?

Roober you're supposed to be a moderator, not a bigot.

I thought that was a socially acceptable word now. I hear black people say it every day. Or is that part of the whole ebonics thing? Never mind.

Larry (white and confused)

pdimanche

May 26, 2004
Hey Larry!

Larry said:
I thought that was a socially acceptable word now. I hear black people say it every day. Or is that part of the whole ebonics thing? Never mind.

Larry (white and confused)
I know a good way to find out if it's socially acceptable...............Next time you see a 6.2" black running back walking down the street, you should test that "socially acceptable word. Let us know what the test result is, however, if you are unable to type due to broken arms, you can have your better half type it for you. ;) CDNpat

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This is the DR... We say pretty much whatever we please here.. 'n' words 'f' words 's' words and so on. In fact, we use just about the whole alphabet...

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
pdimanche said:
I know a good way to find out if it's socially acceptable...............Next time you see a 6.2" black running back walking down the street, you should test that "socially acceptable word. Let us know what the test result is, however, if you are unable to type due to broken arms, you can have your better half type it for you. ;) CDNpat

In all seriousness, the word seems to have been 'disarmed' through frequent useage (by blacks). I hear it EVERYWHERE! I hear it on tv, in the streets...EVERYWHERE! So why can't I say it????????????

By the way, I am also 6'2" and like to fight!

Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You mean "nigger"?

Let's not beat around the bush on this, say it like it is.

I here people say it all the time on MTV and BET and in plenty of songs played on the radio. It's also used here in the DR and people don't have a problem with it. How do they get away with it? They don't seem to have a problem with it.

It's been popularised....

Two teenagers get on a bus in downtown Oakland, CA. They are wearing skull caps, low-slung baggy trousers, oversized Oakland Raiders jackets. They slouch toward the back of the bus and greet two other teenagers.

"Wassup, wassup?"

"It's all good, my niggah."

Typical urban scene. The only thing that throws you is this: the kids are all Asians, on their way to Oakland's Chinatown.

http://www.g21.net/radio6.html

Sorry, this isn't the Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson fan club.
This is DR1 and we focus on Dominican Republic related topics.

Closed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Are You Talking about The Post In The "Clown Bin"???

When you are a little older,and hopefully a LOT wiser.You may know a little more abot English Demographics.I surmise that the reference to "Niggers in Newcastle" has more to do with "Coal Miners" than African Immigrants.
As I stated in the "Clown Bin",I love discussing "Race Relations" and cultural differences.Having been married to a black Dominican for 10 years,with 3 "mixed race" children may play a part in my interest.
However,we don't "Do" race relations on DR1 for the obvious reasons.Some people are ALWAYS "Offended",some people are always "Offensive"!What may start out as a thread with possibilities ends up in name calling.

I lived in Boston for 25 years.It may be the most biggoted city in the USA!I was "congratulated" on my wedding by an "Irish" friend who said'Hey Tom,I hear you married a "Nigger"!I told him "Yes, I Made It Legal,your wife just keeps screwing them for fun!"I now live in Santo Domingo,Dominican Republic,which may be the most "Color Concious" Country in the WORLD!
My mother taught me that,"Sticks and stones(and 100lb lazer guided "smart bombs too!)can break my bones,but names can never hurt me!"
Took me a while to find out WHY that is true.(somewhere around 50 years!)It is because anyone who would call me a "name" is so far off my radar scope as to be undetectable! They don't matter.They don't exist.Nothing they can say will I allow to bother me in any way!!They can not penetrate my defenses!
Works when my asks for money too!

Since there are not too many "jokes" that can offend "Gays",and "Scottsmen" at the same time,I submit the following:
Did you hear about the two gay Scottsmen????
Morris Fitzpatric,and Patric Fitzmorris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or.,,,,, Did you hear about the two gay Scottsmen?
Ben Dune,and Phil McCavity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you belong to a specific Ethnic,economic,or aare some kind of "Gender Bender",and would like to be made fun of in the Clown Bin,please post there with your "Group",and we will do our best!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Status
Not open for further replies.