Bicyle rental in Santo Domingo

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Bicycle rental in Santo Domingo

Hi, does anyone know a place to rent a bicycle in Santo Domingo itself?
And, yes I've been there before and know what the traffic is like.

Last edited:

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Yes

In the Mirador del Sur park.

However - do not venture outside of the park if you do... good luck!!

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
solituna said:
In the Mirador del Sur park.

However - do not venture outside of the park if you do... good luck!!

Thanks a lot! I hope I'm not pushing it, but do you know what type of bikes they have, and where in the park it's located?

May 12, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Boca Chica has (or had) plenty of town bicycles as my mom used to call them.

I heard these bicycles were very popular with the tourists. They all got to ride them. Many even would make return trips just to be able to ride again...

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Type?

qgrande said:
Thanks a lot! I hope I'm not pushing it, but do you know what type of bikes they have, and where in the park it's located?

Sorry Mate! I would not be able to tell you what types, however, if you know where the restaurant area is, close to the cemented area with the tunnel... you will find the bike rental place. Don't expect to much of the bike though. The park is 11 km long so you will have a chance to ride quite a lot.

Good luck!

nine1973

Nov 24, 2004
The bike rental place is on Helados Bon, Anacaona Av with Nunez de Caceres...I heard they will selling the business soon.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Again thanks for the directions. I visited the bike rental place in the Mirador del Sur, above the tunnel of the Nu?ez de Caceres, and the bikes looked like simple, slightly rusty mountainbikes, but adequate for a spin in and around the park. Most are in children's sizes. I wasn't able to use their business though, because in true dominican business sense they are closed during the week, and used most of saturday to 'clean the bikes', and it was absolutely not possible to rent one. But, they're still in business, and if they're not cleaning them you can indeed rent a bike there during the weekends.

Last edited: