I want a dog!

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
I have always had a dog and have always had one for my children while they were growing up. Now at 54 and living alone here in the DR would love to have one for companionship. I have always had standard poodles as they were very intelligent and very protective. The other nice thing is they do not shed. I would love to know of a breeder here or if anyone has any other suggestions? :nervous:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I suggest you also visit Manuel Pelayo Mallen of the Clinica Veterinaria Arroyo Hondo. He is a strong supporter of Padela, the local animal protection society. Maybe he can find you a mut or even a lost lovely breed animal that needs a new home. These dogs make the most loyal pets.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Poodles

The only time I saw poodles for sale, was some odd 10 years ago when I was hunting for a guard dog in Santo Domingo.
I met a woman vet, whose name I can't remember, but lived in the very same Arroyo Hondo that Dolores has mentioned. She had several breeds at her house, including poodles, maybe a total of 100 dogs.
She was kind enough to take me around Santo Domingo, until I found what I wanted, that being our now famous, but deceased, Rocky.
Anyhow, I think that if you print out a picture of a poodle and visit a few vets in that area asking for someone who is selling them you might luck out.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Now that Rocky mentions it, I haven't seen too many poodles around either. Lots of mixes, used to have one myself, but purebred...hhmmm... I have a vet friend too to has many contacts. Marino Piantini ofic. 540-7106. And if you decide to adopt any other kind, he's constantly bringing dogs and cats in from the street, getting them fixed up and them giving them away or selling them for the amount he spent on them. He's a very big-hearted guy and I myself have taken over 2 cats who were then adopted.

Good luck!!

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Dolores said:
I suggest you also visit Manuel Pelayo Mallen of the Clinica Veterinaria Arroyo Hondo. He is a strong supporter of Padela, the local animal protection society. Maybe he can find you a mut or even a lost lovely breed animal that needs a new home. These dogs make the most loyal pets.

I went to see him on Saturday. The palce was absolutely crazy and he asked that I come back today. I am looking forward to it.

Again, thank you all for your suggestions. I will let you know how I make out!