Anything Dominican in the Ft. Lauderdale area

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
I just moved down here a month ago. Its not sooo bad, but I'm having a hard time finding simple Dominican stuff. I'm looking around the Coral Springs and Tamarac area.

Like:

Hair Salons
Good CHEAP supermarket with a lot of Dominican food
Realty
Dominican Restaurant or Bodega

And yes, I am another New Yorker turned Floridian. :classic:

Thanks!

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
Dominican markets in Miramar (So. Ft. Lauderdale)

DMAO said:
I just moved down here a month ago. Its not sooo bad, but I'm having a hard time finding simple Dominican stuff. I'm looking around the Coral Springs and Tamarac area.

Like:

Hair Salons
Good CHEAP supermarket with a lot of Dominican food
Realty
Dominican Restaurant or Bodega

And yes, I am another New Yorker turned Floridian. :classic:

Thanks!

Try Santo Domingo supermarket (mini-market) on Pembroke Rd. 3 blocks west of 441 (north side of Pembroke Rd.). Owner' name is Luis and is from Santiago (a fellow friendly and helpful Santiaguero). He also has a Pronto Envios office next door to support your fellow Dominicans. The neighborhood has several Dominican stores including a hair salon and child care. In his Pronto Envios office you can pick-up all sorts of info regarding local Dominican commuinity (restaurants, clubs, et. cet.). Don't forget the sizeable Dominican community in Miami (around N.W. 17th Ave. between 20th street and 36th St.)

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
Tanx!

I'm going to try on my way home from work this morning. Its near my job at MRH in Hollywood.