Single Male Going to POP

tallcutesbm

Jul 30, 2005
I am a single guy from California, in his 30's, planning a trip to POP. I can go in July, August, December, or March.I want to go for one week. Please tell me when the most single tourist women go. I would like to stay at a resort that has alot of single tourists. I an very good at Salsa and Merengue. I plan on going to the beach, dancing, drinking, and just having fun.So what is the best month and the best place to stay to see lots of ladies? I assume POP is the best city. I heard Boca Chica is only for women of the night , which I am not interested in meeting.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
tallcutesbm said:
I am a single guy from California, in his 30's, planning a trip to POP. I can go in July, August, December, or March.I want to go for one week. Please tell me when the most single tourist women go. I would like to stay at a resort that has alot of single tourists. I an very good at Salsa and Merengue. I plan on going to the beach, dancing, drinking, and just having fun.So what is the best month and the best place to stay to see lots of ladies? I assume POP is the best city. I heard Boca Chica is only for women of the night , which I am not interested in meeting.
December has cheaper air fares, better weather, and more people at the resorts. The Paradise was good in Playa Dorada, and you might want to check out the AI's in Punta Cana to the east, more action, if that's what you're looking for.

May 31, 2005
ggn420 said:
December has cheaper air fares, better weather, and more people at the resorts. The Paradise was good in Playa Dorada, and you might want to check out the AI's in Punta Cana to the east, more action, if that's what you're looking for.
Yeah, but cheaper airfares if you do not include Christmas and New Years.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cabarete

July, August & March are the cheaper months.
December is the beginning of high season and prices skyrocket close to Christmas time.
Of the 4 months you mentioned, December & March would be the busiest.
The best area in the country for meeting single tourists around your age is Cabarete.
Punta Cana is an out of the way all inclusive area, full of couples, newly-weds and nearly-deads.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
Yeah, but cheaper airfares if you do not include Christmas and New Years.
When I say cheapest, I am referring to time of purchase. Tickets bought for travel in December are cheaper when bought in September, when school starts back.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
Okey dokey. That's true. Take note everyone that is planning on travelling for December.
IE: Last year, tickets now were 660US but in Sept. went down to 525. That was AA for travel in December, from the 1st to Jan.10 return. It did not cost me any additional for the holidays because I bought in Sept.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias!

/QUOTE]
OP, Cabarete is the place to go. Just be careful and don't forget to protect yourself. Good luck.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In December young people travel during Christmas break. Feb. and Mar. is another time for young people to travel.

I have to agree with Rocky, Cabarete is the best place for the young. Lots to do.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
tallcutesbm said:
If you are interested in meeting other tourists, and are concerned about price, your best bet probably would be one of the many all inclusive resorts in Puerto Plata. The least expensive time of the year to go would be late March or early December.

But be careful, don't venture outside the resort; you may run into some Dominicanas! :)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
To the OP, I wrote a nice long answer earlier today and then the *(&%%$ power went out and I lost it....

So I will write again. I live and work in Puerto Plata. Before I moved here I travelled here and elsewhere many many times as a single tourist.

When to come here you want to know.... well that depends. First, if you are restricted budget wise, then the shoulder season is best and Christmas is the worst. We have a lot of hotel choices here on the north coast but it depends what you are looking for.

Single female tourists: While we can make educated guesses on occupancy rates of hotels and the area as a whole it is anyone's guess on how many are single!!! The time of year you come will be partly based on what kind of singles you want to meet! For example right now we have a lot of British and European tourists. I am sure there are many single women among them.. Each hotel can be different. Right now we have a high number from France at the Puerto Plata Village hotel.... so check things out ahead of time if you can.

If you want to meet American and canadian women, best to wait till after November... they are most plentiful during the high season.

If there are not enough at your hotel simply go to Hemingways, Mangu, or Roadway for more selection.... OF course by the time you come the new nightclub should be open. It is the club formerly known as Crazy Moon, new management, new decore etc...

Dancing: lots of dancing in all the tourist bars. There is always someone to dance Merengue with but honey for Salsa, you better ask me.....LOL

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
tallcutesbm said:

Send me a PM or an email. I live in POP, I just moved here 5 weeks ago from the US. It's amazing how much one can learn in such a short period of time.

I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the good spots to go, not the ones where the "putas" frequent. But you have to be careful with Dominicans. They're kind of like stray dogs - you feed them one time and then you can't get rid of them.

Sunnie

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
sunshine_79 said:
I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the good spots to go, not the ones where the "putas" frequent. But you have to be careful with Dominicans. They're kind of like stray dogs - you feed them one time and then you can't get rid of them.
Sunnie

You should have said that putas are like "stray dogs." To classify an entire nationality as "stray dogs" based on the actions on some prositutes is just asinine.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Don't be rude to your hosts

sunshine_79 said:
But you have to be careful with Dominicans. They're kind of like stray dogs - you feed them one time and then you can't get rid of them. Sunnie
You are a guest in their country ... remember when in Rome ....
Besides referring to people as 'stray dogs' is rude, doesn't matter if they're sankies/sankiettes, you are in their country. :speechles :speechles

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
shadInToronto said:
You are a guest in their country ... remember when in Rome ....
Besides referring to people as 'stray dogs' is rude, doesn't matter if they're sankies/sankiettes, you are in their country. :speechles :speechles

Just a remark made in jest. Some of my very best friends here are "stray dogs" and I love them all. I bought them all a beer one night and now ... they won't go away! They always put a smile on my face and we all have a mutual respect. And no, that doesn't mean that I am throwing money at them, it's actually just the opposite. They have plenty of other women's money to spend but that's a story best left for the Sankie forum. I would love to fill some of these naive girls in on what really happens down here after they leave.

But for me, some good friendships have been cemented and I'm grateful for that.

But seriously, that remark was not made to offend. I was actually trying to take some of the heat off Scott for the picture of the skinny girl on his blog. ;)

I also realize I am a guest here and know it is not just a nicety but an obligation to treat the Dominican people with respect. Or at least until someone gives me a reason not to which does happen quite often. But it happens just as often in America so it's not a big shock to me.

And as for the putas - some of the worst offenders are girls from the US of A. I met a working girl here who grew up 30 minutes from my hometown in Missouri. Bad news, that girl is trouble.

Lo siento for any misunderstanding everyone. And for what it's worth, my father is from Bogota and I'm half Colombian so fill free to chime in with the cocaine and Juan Valdez jokes, I haven't heard a good one in awhile!

Sunnie