Best RIBS in the Country

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I decided it was time to post this here in the best of forum!

Last Tuesday 3 of us went for RIBS after being told by the owner how awsome they are.

Now normally when the owner of an establishment tells you they are awesome you would tend to take that with a grain of salt.

Let me tell you that in my humble opinion (and my other 2 friends) these are the best ribs we have ever eaten!!! Between the 3 of us we have eaten ribs in a lot of countries....

Rocky's makes THE best RIBS....

They were so good we returned again on Thursday and brought 2 additional friends with us. AGAIN awesome RIBS.... We will be going back, OFTEN!!!

You know I thought long and hard about posting this. I really don't want toooo many people going to Rocky's and eating all MY ribs...

Thanks Marco! They are excellent. Make sure to always save me some.....

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I second that second. As I have stated in other threads, I have attended the Memphis in May National BBQ Cookoff many times. Rocky's Ribs would be a serious competitor against these teams.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
ribs

planner said:
I decided it was time to post this here in the best of forum!

Last Tuesday 3 of us went for RIBS after being told by the owner how awsome they are.

Now normally when the owner of an establishment tells you they are awesome you would tend to take that with a grain of salt.

Let me tell you that in my humble opinion (and my other 2 friends) these are the best ribs we have ever eaten!!! Between the 3 of us we have eaten ribs in a lot of countries....

Rocky's makes THE best RIBS....

They were so good we returned again on Thursday and brought 2 additional friends with us. AGAIN awesome RIBS.... We will be going back, OFTEN!!!

You know I thought long and hard about posting this. I really don't want toooo many people going to Rocky's and eating all MY ribs...

Thanks Marco! They are excellent. Make sure to always save me some.....
well,where is Rockys???

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Rocky's ribs are good but I have to stray from the path for a second....

Pate Palo in Santo Domingo (Plaza de Espa?a) has OUTSTANDING ribs. They have been spectacular every time I have had them. But they are also VERY expensive.

Rocky's is the best "Bang for the buck"...Sin duda.

Scandall

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I am now the self appointed tester of the ribs.. Next time I am in SD I will go to Pate Palo and try them out.

Scandall you coming with me???

PS. I am also the self appointed chocolate cake tester.....

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
planner said:
I am now the self appointed tester of the ribs.. Next time I am in SD I will go to Pate Palo and try them out.

Scandall you coming with me???

PS. I am also the self appointed chocolate cake tester.....

I'm in.

Scandall

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Recipe???

I love ribs, mainly, baby back ribs. I cook ribs two differents ways depending on how much time I have. I'm always looking for new recipes....so....Marco...how about it? Can you give out your secret recipe. I promise not to tell anybody!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Forget it Bob, they are a heavily guarded secret!!! I tried everything to get the recipe, force, blackmail, coercion, heck I even promised him my body... didn't work......LOL

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not the best!

Planner, darling, how can you say that they are the best if you have not had MY RIBS?.

Btw, Pate Palo's ribs and finger-licking, tommy-filling, out of this world ribs until you see the bill, lol.

I am not comparing since I have not had Rocky's. But I know, by people blabbing (LOL) about it here, that they are yummy, yummy, yummy-licious!!.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
planner said:
Forget it Bob, they are a heavily guarded secret!!! I tried everything to get the recipe, force, blackmail, coercion, heck I even promised him my body... didn't work......LOL
I must have missed the part about offering your body.
Try me again next time.
You never know!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I posted this before. I don't normally don't like ribs but the best I've tasted was at Rocky's.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
The best ribs I've ever tasted were at a place called Big Mama's Rib Shack and Soul Food, in Las Vegas, Nevada. By the way, is there a Soul Food Restaurant in the DR, or Cajun/Creole style cooking?

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
planner said:
Good question, Rocky's is in Sosua!
Planner..I am in the DR now, and am taking your advise. We are taking our friend out to Rockys for ribs on Friday. He, ( our friend), lives in Puerto Plata but is unfamiliar with Rockys. Can you give me directions? Thanks, Daisy.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Of course I can. Rocky's is on the side street just behind Harrison jewellers. So, go into Sosua, past Playero, just past the texaco gas station on the left, turn left!

One block up is Pedro Clissante and Harrisons is on the corner, go thru that intersection and Rocky's is about 1/2 down that block on the right, just past Cowgirls or some such named place.....

Of course, if I was going with you it would be easier to just show you.....LOL

Just kidding, I have plans to be in Sosua as well but we are going for pizza then there is a live merengue band but I am not sure where, I am just going....

Enjoy and of course tell us what you thought....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Mirador said:
... By the way, is there a Soul Food Restaurant in the DR, or Cajun/Creole style cooking?

Now you're making me hungry... it's been a few years. Best cajun/creole style food I've ever eaten surprisingly was in the Bahamas.. somewhere in the Berry islands - a little tucked away mooring space for yachts with a small boat house and a magic cajun chef - the drunker he got, the better the food got. (Well, we all were a little plastered for a few weeks...) The food was good! I've never seen anything similar in the DR and sometimes the craving for real hot spices, cajun, indian, mexican, or whatever, becomes real bad...

Rocky, can you make cajun ribs?

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
AtlantaBob said:
I love ribs, mainly, baby back ribs. I cook ribs two differents ways depending on how much time I have. I'm always looking for new recipes....so....Marco...how about it? Can you give out your secret recipe. I promise not to tell anybody!
1 bottle of catsup
1 jar of chinese hoisen sauce
1 jar of chinese black bean sauce
marinate ribs in these mixed ingredients..after you've removed the fat...throw them on the barbecue...and you'll be licking your fingers.

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Back to my question, Rocky

OK, I don't necessarily need the recipe, but how do you cook them. You know, like do you smoke them over a wood fire, in the oven, on a grill??

For quick ribs I parboil mine in a beef broth and other spices then throw them on the grill. Five minutes before taking them off the grill I baste them with some store bought Mesquite BBQ sauce mixed with honey. I have another recipe that I use to slow cook ribs in a crock pot for about 6 hours. Yummy!