Can anyone give me info on Luperon Beach Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cj_in_Tx

Aug 5, 2005
Anyone ever stay at the Luperon Beach Resort? Can anyone give me any details about the place? Pros and Cons will be greatly appreciated!

I understand its pretty far out and away from the town of Puerto Plata. Is this a good thing... or bad?

Any advice about short day tours. I don't like doing the group tours but if I had an idea where to go and what to see maybe I could hire a taxi for the day and ask him to take me a few places...? But where? This is what we usually do in other places... is this safe to do in DR?

Thanks for your help!
Cj

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Luperon Beach Resort

I've stayed at the Luperon Beach Resort for a week in February 2005 and the place was great and food was also good. There was about 4 different restaurants we could go to, but you have to make your reservation early in the morning if you want to have a seat. I was with Go Travel Direct and the rep was really helpful. The shows at night and the animation team were not really good though. The beach was very nice but many sea urchins... The village of Luperon was charming, really typical of D.R. but as it is far from the big cities, there is not much to see. That is ok though because a week goes so fast...
Enjoy your stay!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Funny you should ask......

I've just been blogging about Luperon Beach Resort.....
You can read about it and see some pic's here
<a href="http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=MommC" target="_blank">One Click will do!!</a><br /></div>

Keep in mind it's been many years since I was there but I'm sure it's just as nice.
Hire a taxi and take a day trip to La Isabella.....I'll have pic's and a story up in a few days!
MommC_Luperon_Beach_Medium_Web_view.jpg

MommC_Luperon_Resort_Medium_Web_view.jpg

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Cj_in_Tx said:
Anyone ever stay at the Luperon Beach Resort? Can anyone give me any details about the place? Pros and Cons will be greatly appreciated!

I understand its pretty far out and away from the town of Puerto Plata. Is this a good thing... or bad?

Any advice about short day tours. I don't like doing the group tours but if I had an idea where to go and what to see maybe I could hire a taxi for the day and ask him to take me a few places...? But where? This is what we usually do in other places... is this safe to do in DR?

Thanks for your help!
Cj

i've stayed at Luper Resort a few times and can provide
you with my 2cents.

1) the resort is big,, has 3 main pools (2 kids pool).
the main pool is near lobby,, has a bar next to it.

2) make sure you get the reservation tickets to the restaurants in your envelope at check-in; ask for it if
they're not inside. They vary with restaurant from
mexican, italian, brazilian, mediterranean food.

3) i have tried mexican and brazilian. I love the mexican
but brazilian is also good.

4) they have good live music (except sundays) by the main pool by lobby from 8-9:30

5) daily show at theater 9:30-11 is ok.. i think they have
same routine basically every day.

6) from 11pm-2am they have discoteque near theater (included of course).

7) if you're not booking through travel agent then i recommend you book your stay through their website:
www.besthotels.es (hotel is owned by spaniard company). Make sure you print out your reservation form
and 4 days after reservation call hotel to make sure
everything is confirmed.

8) overall, luperon beach resort is nice and food is good.
It's not a 4 star hotel but for what it offers it's a good deal.

9) ride from airport to hotel might be approx 1 hr, if not less.

any more questions, let me know.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Just remember that Luperon is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, Puerto Plata is about 45 mins drive away. If you want to get away from it all, this is the place to go.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
I was there at the end of march....

Hi, i stayed in Luperon at the end of march for 2 weeks. Its a lovely hotel, make sure you walk all around it, and it is right on the beach front, so the beach is literally at your door, which is great. There are 3 pools as mentioned before, all very nice, one pool (the one near the beach bar and snake bar -which is at the end of the beach) has two levels, so could be classed as the 4th pool, the top part of that pool was normally quite empty so if your feeling like a quiet day then thats a nice place to go. I went to the italian restaurant and it was very nice, didn't try any of the others but heard they were good. There is quite a range of food but as with most AI resorts, it can get a bit repetative, but try new things and you'll love it. At breakfast you get hot cakes, and if you want toast, there is a machine to do that, which is on the side where the pancakes normally are (it took us a few days to realise this!) and they always have a big selection of fruit juices and fruit. At the animation pool there is entertainment throughout the day, and then animation team put on a show eveyngiht, i must say i saw some very good shows, some of them arent that amazing, but some were, and very funny. Theres a disco that opens after the entertainment, but im not sure what thats like as it was quite empty when i went so left.
The bus journey to the hotel from the airport took about an hour and a half including stopping off to other hotels as we were the last to get off. Its not really near the centre of puerto plata but im sure if you wanted you could get a tour/trip there. Do take a walk down to Luperon centre, everyone is happy to see you and will say hello, there are a few shops and things, you'll be amazed at how many people they can fit onto one bike!! Not seen as much in Puerto plata centre, but in luperon if you want to fit a whole family on a bike, then you do it, and carry lots of other things at the same time. There is also a lot more horseback riding and donkey riding as forms of transport. You will probably be quite shocked by the conditions of Luperon once in the village, but it opens your eyes if you havent seen it before. You may want to take a taxi back as it is about 20-30minute walk, so depending what time you go and the heat, its up hill on the way back, so we went for a taxi!!
There is free horse riding (an hour) from the hotel, but needs booking in advance as it is popular. But i recommend this as it takes you up onto the hill and you can look over the sea and to the hotel, you also pass a house thats owned by a very rich many, you'll see his helicopter as well. Its a great ride and you get to see a lot more of the countryside.
If you have anymore questions i'd be happy to answer them. Hope this helps

Cj_in_Tx

Aug 5, 2005
purefolie said:
I've stayed at the Luperon Beach Resort for a week in February 2005 and the place was great and food was also good. There was about 4 different restaurants we could go to, but you have to make your reservation early in the morning if you want to have a seat. I was with Go Travel Direct and the rep was really helpful. The shows at night and the animation team were not really good though. The beach was very nice but many sea urchins... The village of Luperon was charming, really typical of D.R. but as it is far from the big cities, there is not much to see. That is ok though because a week goes so fast...
Enjoy your stay!

purefolie,
Thanks for the info!
Cj

Cj_in_Tx

Aug 5, 2005
MommC said:
I've just been blogging about Luperon Beach Resort.....
You can read about it and see some pic's here
<a href="http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=MommC" target="_blank">One Click will do!!</a><br /></div>

Keep in mind it's been many years since I was there but I'm sure it's just as nice.
Hire a taxi and take a day trip to La Isabella.....I'll have pic's and a story up in a few days!
MommC_Luperon_Beach_Medium_Web_view.jpg

MommC_Luperon_Resort_Medium_Web_view.jpg

Thanks for the pics!
Cj

Cj_in_Tx

Aug 5, 2005
THE GAME said:
i've stayed at Luper Resort a few times and can provide
you with my 2cents.

1) the resort is big,, has 3 main pools (2 kids pool).
the main pool is near lobby,, has a bar next to it.

2) make sure you get the reservation tickets to the restaurants in your envelope at check-in; ask for it if
they're not inside. They vary with restaurant from
mexican, italian, brazilian, mediterranean food.

3) i have tried mexican and brazilian. I love the mexican
but brazilian is also good.

4) they have good live music (except sundays) by the main pool by lobby from 8-9:30

5) daily show at theater 9:30-11 is ok.. i think they have
same routine basically every day.

6) from 11pm-2am they have discoteque near theater (included of course).

7) if you're not booking through travel agent then i recommend you book your stay through their website:
www.besthotels.es (hotel is owned by spaniard company). Make sure you print out your reservation form
and 4 days after reservation call hotel to make sure
everything is confirmed.

8) overall, luperon beach resort is nice and food is good.
It's not a 4 star hotel but for what it offers it's a good deal.

9) ride from airport to hotel might be approx 1 hr, if not less.

any more questions, let me know.

Thanks for the info!
Cj

Cj_in_Tx

Aug 5, 2005
Conchman said:
Just remember that Luperon is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, Puerto Plata is about 45 mins drive away. If you want to get away from it all, this is the place to go.

Thanks for the info. I don't mind being it being out in the middle of nowhere... but I'm trying to figure out how to get there now. I was originally told that the resort would pick us up... now they say the bus is "not running".

Thanks
Cj

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
taxi

a taxi will take you there, im not sure how much it would be cos it is about an hour away from the airport, maybe a bit less if your not dropping other people off to hotels etc.

Cj_in_Tx

Aug 5, 2005
jellylegs2002 said:
Hi, i stayed in Luperon at the end of march for 2 weeks. Its a lovely hotel, make sure you walk all around it, and it is right on the beach front, so the beach is literally at your door, which is great. There are 3 pools as mentioned before, all very nice, one pool (the one near the beach bar and snake bar -which is at the end of the beach) has two levels, so could be classed as the 4th pool, the top part of that pool was normally quite empty so if your feeling like a quiet day then thats a nice place to go. I went to the italian restaurant and it was very nice, didn't try any of the others but heard they were good. There is quite a range of food but as with most AI resorts, it can get a bit repetative, but try new things and you'll love it. At breakfast you get hot cakes, and if you want toast, there is a machine to do that, which is on the side where the pancakes normally are (it took us a few days to realise this!) and they always have a big selection of fruit juices and fruit. At the animation pool there is entertainment throughout the day, and then animation team put on a show eveyngiht, i must say i saw some very good shows, some of them arent that amazing, but some were, and very funny. Theres a disco that opens after the entertainment, but im not sure what thats like as it was quite empty when i went so left.
The bus journey to the hotel from the airport took about an hour and a half including stopping off to other hotels as we were the last to get off. Its not really near the centre of puerto plata but im sure if you wanted you could get a tour/trip there. Do take a walk down to Luperon centre, everyone is happy to see you and will say hello, there are a few shops and things, you'll be amazed at how many people they can fit onto one bike!! Not seen as much in Puerto plata centre, but in luperon if you want to fit a whole family on a bike, then you do it, and carry lots of other things at the same time. There is also a lot more horseback riding and donkey riding as forms of transport. You will probably be quite shocked by the conditions of Luperon once in the village, but it opens your eyes if you havent seen it before. You may want to take a taxi back as it is about 20-30minute walk, so depending what time you go and the heat, its up hill on the way back, so we went for a taxi!!
There is free horse riding (an hour) from the hotel, but needs booking in advance as it is popular. But i recommend this as it takes you up onto the hill and you can look over the sea and to the hotel, you also pass a house thats owned by a very rich many, you'll see his helicopter as well. Its a great ride and you get to see a lot more of the countryside.
If you have anymore questions i'd be happy to answer them. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info!
Cj

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
lol

u know u could just say thanks for the info for everyone that gave it to u, rather than thanx to each individual person!!

Status
Not open for further replies.