Dominicans in UK

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
calling ne dominicans in the UK. Just wondering whether there is anyone about, although im sure most dominicans are in the USA. If you are in the Uk, where abouts are you living?

calala2k

Apr 22, 2005
jellylegs2002 said:
calling ne dominicans in the UK. Just wondering whether there is anyone about, although im sure most dominicans are in the USA. If you are in the Uk, where abouts are you living?
me and my husband live in colchester near london! u?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
jellylegs2002 said:
I live in bath, south west

student?

used to know some dominicans that were in bath.
they are back here in santo domingo now.

i'm sure someone else posted a while ago that was in bristol or taunton, or somewhere in the south-west. maybe you'll have to do a search.

loads of pubs - is the cellar bar still a popular dive?

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
apple sour!!

OMg, i love the cellar bar.......i have apple sour shots when im there, very nice indeed. Yeah im a student, well i guess im not ne more - on my gap year now!

JOSE12

Aug 16, 2005
Dominican In Uk

jellylegs2002 said:
IM DOMINICAN BUT I LIVE IN FRANCE

ade

Jun 14, 2005
we live near Bournemouth

Hi my husband is dominican and we live near Bournemouth - happy to be in touch with other dominicans - he still misses santo domingo!

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Just outside London

Hi

My wife is dominican and we live with our 2 children near Romford, just outside greater London. Looking forward to the day we can all move back to Santo Domingo. My wife has had 10 years here and has just about had enough of it.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Arriving tomorrow

My husband is Dominican and arrives in the UK tomorrow. I live just outside London in Hertfordshire. I think it will be important for him to be in contact with Dominicans living over here

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi

My husband Jonathan (from Puerto Plata) and I live nr London but there are some guys we know nr you, one in Wrexham and one is shropshire. Many in Manchester ... check out Dominican Connection ;)

Also a guy in Bristol too. Put a message on the shout box and forum there :) We try to arrange gatherings as often as possible

delroszo

Sep 27, 2007
We are in Southminster

I am English and my husband Dominican we have been married since 2006 and are now both living in england since Feb 07. I am sure that my husband misses talking the language more than anything although I realy try!
I realy want to be able to travel somewhere apart from the Dominican not sure if you have done any of that?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi

We haven't travelled to other countries YET ... the problem for us, is we have a child and taking holiday to go somewhere else would mean jepodising Jonathan's family seeing our son.

Very difficult, but we are hoping to go to europe for short breaks. Although hubby loves seeing family and friends, the holiday part seems to get missed when we are in Puerto Plata ... to many things to do LOL

Schengen visas are easy to get now your husband is in the UK, although he must have 6 months left on the UK visa to get one.

I've also been told that Egypt was really simple ... a holiday visa like we get to enter DR was all that was needed and also a Dominican friend applied for a USA visa and was given a 10 year holiday visa no problem! Although, he already had his indefiante leave to remain for that one ;)

vicdup

Jun 24, 2004
Domincans in London

Hi

My husband arrived in the Uk two Weeks ago from Santo domingo. We both live in the South East of London (Deptford, Newcross area)

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
Hey, we're just down the road in New Cross and there are other dominicans in the area, deptford, lewisham, ladywell...
Feel free to look us up. I'll send you a pm.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Hi

My husband arrived in the Uk two Weeks ago from Santo domingo. We both live in the South East of London (Deptford, Newcross area)

Hey there,

My hubby's from Santo Domingo too, but we live up in York (shame would have been nice to meet up with a fellow Santo Domingo Dominican!). How's he finding it? - my hubby's been here since May and loves it.

While I'm here - how do you go about getting a Schengen Visa, we really want a holiday but not sure how to go about it, any advice anyone?

Thanks
Kate

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Schengen visa

Kateinyork,

I would imagine you simply have to get in touch with the consular section of the embassy of whichever country you're planning to spend your vacation in. If you're going to several countries, like taking a ferry to France to drive on to Spain, I believe you should apply for a visa at the embassy of the country where you first enter the Schengen area. In this case, the French embassy. Or Belgium if the ferry's port of arrival is in that country (Zeebrugge, Ostende). I'm sure you can find the info you need about the application process by doing a straightforward google search.