Fun Tropicale Help

peter34

Aug 7, 2005
Hi,

I am going to Fun Tropicale in a few weeks...i spoke to the travel agent who didn't seem to know how i could upgrade to the Fun Royale rooms...any chance someone could let me know the e-mail address for the hotel so that i can do it myself.

Thanks,

Pete

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Room Choices

peter34,
the only difference between royale and tropicale is that royale is set up like a hotel, 3 floors and inside enteances. tropicale is setup bungalow style with front or side entrances. why are you wanting to switch?

SB

peter34

Aug 7, 2005
Snowbird said:
peter34,
the only difference between royale and tropicale is that royale is set up like a hotel, 3 floors and inside enteances. tropicale is setup bungalow style with front or side entrances. why are you wanting to switch?

SB

everything i have read so far suggests that the Royale rooms are slightly better and also the Thomas Cook brochure rates the Royales 3+* but the Tropicale only 3*. I have also read that if you are in Royale rooms, then you have the facility of cold drinks available in a special room which is not available to Tropicale guests...tell me if i'm wrong!

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Some of the rooms are bigger and have a kitchenette because they are used for time-share guests. Most hotel guests seem to get the other building that you are trying to upgrade out of. I am guessing it depends on how many time share guests have booked at the same time you have.

I have stayed in both buildings - prefer the Fun Royale side but had 2 rooms on the Tropical side that had a very, very small kitchen area and bar fridge. Neither were stocked upon arrival but certainly got stocked with Presidente very quickly....by me.

Royale side is brighter and closer to the exits and cabs, which is what I usually do...exit ASAP! LOL!!!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
I have also stayed in both sections, and I like the Tropicale side better, because it had a separate living area and bedroom section. Kind of like a little apartment and had a kitchenette and mini fridge!!

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Royale vs Tropicale

we have stayed in both locations. don't know of any special room. royale is closer to the main pool/bar area, and calypso restaurant. tropicale is a little more quiet. the best room in royale was 309-311, but they gave it to mario mattana, the hotel manager. another nice location in royale is B 213. it's a corner room with a wrap around balcony, on the 2nd floor. tropicale rooms are all about the same.

while i am offering info, i would like to ask that you locate the thread: help the schools via fundacion patria. it's near the bottom of pagae 10. please read the thread, and then i hope you will be moved to bring an extra bag filled with school supplies for the children. you can leave your donation with mario mattana, as he is actively involved with fp. the kids need our help.

good reading. good trip.

enjoy your dominican experience :)

SB

peter34

Aug 7, 2005
Thanks, i will take a look before i go. More questions....is it best to take $'s or Peso's and how do the tips work...living in UK we are not used to tipping for everything.