passport for newborns #2

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
N&D said:
Ok read through the posts no help. My husband is Dominican and is in Dr. I came to the US to give birth and now have a newborn son, and need to get a passport for him. How can I get one if in the US you need both parents present to obtain a passport for a child under 14, and my husband is currently in DR and am in the states.

DMAO said:
You might just need a notarized letter from your husband stating he gives you permission to obtain a passport. If he can do this or something else through the US Embassy its better.
Good Luck!
and
make sure to keep us updated.

im updating the previous post for those who need info. I faxed my husband a copy of the "statement of consent" issuance of a passport to a minor under age 14 form. in this form it says that he is giving me permission to get a passport to his minor child named in this statement. he filled it out got it notazied made of copy of his dominican passport and fedexed it to me. i sent all documents to the passport agency. i was worried that they would send it back because the notary was in spanish. so i called and left a message to call me back. it toke them a while but they did. they told me that the notary was fine in spanish. and so was the copy of my husband passport. (the absent parent needs to submit a copy of an id). within the same week i received my sons passport. it took about a month. :classic: