Storage in the DR - (Safe)

RevenueCanada

Apr 13, 2005
Any Safe storage in Santo Domingo or other parts of the DR?
If yes, price estimates would be appreciated...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Good question. I live in Santo Domingo and can't recall seeing any storage type facilities similar to what you see in the USA.

The ones I see in the Yellow Pages all relate to business storage.
Try emailing almadom@verizon.net.do you may get lucky.

I'm sure it would be a good business to get into.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
RevenueCanada said:
Any Safe storage in Santo Domingo or other parts of the DR?
If yes, price estimates would be appreciated...
Are you asking about "safe storage" as in storage that is safe. Or are you asking about "safe storage" as in a "safe deposit box".
The latter are not offered by banks here like in the U.S., but Dominican Watchman rents safe deposit boxes.

RevenueCanada

Apr 13, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Are you asking about "safe storage" as in storage that is safe. Or are you asking about "safe storage" as in a "safe deposit box".
The latter are not offered by banks here like in the U.S., but Dominican Watchman rents safe deposit boxes.
Storage that is safe is what I was referring to. Something like "Public Storage" in the US.

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Storage in DR

I posted a similar thread a few months back when I was planning to leave the country for a short time. As Robert mentioned above, I didn't find any US style storage facilities (like the company Public Storage in the USA) in the Santo Domingo. I don't think they exist.

There are facilities that will store personal items. They basically put things in a closed container, usually made of wood, and lock it up in a warehouse You can purchase insurance too. I visited one of the facilities about 4 months ago. This company helped me move, but I never actually went through with the storage since I didn't need it.

The company webpage is: /www.larosadelmonte.com.

I also called International Packers in Santo Domingo. They do a similar type of storage service.

I don't remember the fees. You would have to call them. I think it was going to cost me around 300.00 to store everything from a typical 2 bedroom apartment. Not cheap, but there really isn't any other alternative that I found.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Marcus said:
I also called International Packers in Santo Domingo. They do a similar type of storage service.

I don't remember the fees. You would have to call them. I think it was going to cost me around 300.00 to store everything from a typical 2 bedroom apartment. Not cheap, but there really isn't any other alternative that I found.
Is that RD300, US300, per month, per year?

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Sorry, I think they quoted me something like $300USD per month after looking at the items from my 2 bedroom apartment. I noticed that they had some cartons already in storage from other clients. The location is not great, but I would have done it myself with insurance.

Additionally, I would not recommend storing anything that can deteriorate in a closed warehouse.

How safe are these locations? I think they are safe for storage, but should something happen, how would they respond. Do your homework and good luck.