Metrobus

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Can anyone tell me if the metrobus or another company does a bus direct to Boca Chica from Puerto Plata or do i have to go to Santo Domingo and get a taxi to the Don Juan Beach resort?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Metro and Caribe run from Santo Domingo terminals north and vice-versa. You have to get to Boca Chica from the terminal in a taxi unless you have a lot of time to kill and the skill to figure out which guagua goes there. Cheap though, the guagua. That's for sure.

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
if you dare go to SD via caribe tours, then just cross the 27 de febrero street and take a guagua, carro publico or a OMSA to jose marti street , 10 pesos, once there in the 27 de febrero / jose marti, just go up jose marti 2 or 3 blocks to the Boca chica parada, then take a guagua , 50 pesos

regards
El Puma

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I don't know why you'd say "dare" to take Metro or Caribe to SD since they are comfrtable, cheap , air conditioned and direct. Unless the OP has good Spanish, a good sense of direction, and a lot of patience, the gua gua ( or in this case more than one) to Boca Chica is a difficult trip for the inexperienced or tourists. Take a taxi.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
If you take Metro or Caribe bus, when you arrive in Santo Domingo, take a taxi to Parque Enriquillo and catch a bus to Boca Chica. Parque Enriquillo is where all the stations are for buses (guaguas) going to Boca Chica, Juan Dolio and San Pedro de Macoris.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If you take a gua gua to BC, I believe you will have to change buses at that depot half-way down.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Traveled Allover The "Orient" on Trains and Busses!

If you are young and have a spirit of adventure,you can go anywhere you want!Just keep asking the people for help and directions.Even if you take a bus the wrong way,the next time you will know better.

The "Caribe Tours"bus station in Santo Domingo is nearly within walking distance to the "Gua-Gua" station for Boca Chica,and/or Juan Dolio.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Yeah..."if you dare"...what the hell does that mean?

You could be a drooling vegetable in a wheelchair and make the trip via Caribe Tours.

The guaguas require a bit of street sense.

Scandall

PS: I did not mean to offend the many drooling vegetables in wheelchairs that inhabit the DR1 board.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Ricardo900 said:
If you take a gua gua to BC, I believe you will have to change buses at that depot half-way down.

If you mean at Andres on the autopista I believe some GG's go expreso to BC without that stop. For newbies or gringos I would still say don't bother.

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
obviously, "if you dare.. " don't refer to caribe tours, I said caribe tours instead of metro cause metro stop in churchill avenue far away from boca chica parada.

"if you dare..." refers to all the information, after you arrive in caribe tours, cause if you know what duarte street area is, you must say "if you dare..." to a newbie asking going there with luggage and knowing nothing about that area.

Anyway if you don't want to take an expensive taxi to BC, just take a taxi from caribe tours to boca chica guagua parada, once in the parada there should be no problem but getting scammed in the ticket price :bandit: