Civilization Or Barbarism???

Memon7

Aug 4, 2005
Hhmmmm... thats' a great book a read some years back :laugh:

You know i have to admit that since I been hangin' out on this board I not only learned how people interact in relationships in DR (with locals and the Dominican here in the US i.e. the thread that was recently closed "My Sad Story")... but I also learned how to use these very same thread (of other people's experiences) and apply them dealing with American woman, which have lead me to understand that "WOMEN" seem to be the same all over the world!

What really chaps my A$$ is how some people on this board are so "jaded" void of emotions... makes me wonder if love, committment, trust, or even marriage still exist. I mean I like to think I have some years under my belt from experiencing a broken heart (like a few times over) but from reading other people's expereinces and threads pertaining to each post really have me wondering about people in general (not only in the US but everywhere too).

I guess for the lack of sounding redunded... yes I've thinking about moving to the DR and moreover hoping to meet an Island girl and possible marry, but from all the stories I've read on this site (in all the three weeks I been on here)... I'm really starting to think maybe I should just be womanizing A$$hole that most women think all men are! :laugh:

I figure why waste emotions and risking getting ones heart busted up when life is way to short (as I've read many of you stated in other threads... "life is just way to short so GET ON WITH YOURS")... if anything I've learned so much from this site and at best I have used some of your advice with helping me to see the "American" girl I'm dealing with now, and realize the bullshyte she's trying to pull on me! Now... I've been acting like a straight up A$$hole and she's been "JOCKING" me like I'm the cats meow!

So it must be a truism... WOMEN TRULY LOVE THE BAD BOYS MORE!

Go figure... :rolleyes:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Wake up, wake up, it's time for school.

Did you do your home work last night?

Make sure you take your sister all the way to the gate today...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sorry, couldn't help it.

Living here is very different from being a tourist and reading a message board.

Often people's realities on this board will be very different to your own.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Memon7 said:

You know i have to admit that since I been hangin' out on this board I not only learned how people interact in relationships in DR (with locals and the Dominican here in the US i.e. the thread that was recently closed "My Sad Story")... but I also learned how to use these very same thread (of other people's experiences) and apply them dealing with American woman, which have lead me to understand that "WOMEN" seem to be the same all over the world!

What really chaps my A$$ is how some people on this board are so "jaded" void of emotions... makes me wonder if love, committment, trust, or even marriage still exist. I mean I like to think I have some years under my belt from experiencing a broken heart (like a few times over) but from reading other people's expereinces and threads pertaining to each post really have me wondering about people in general (not only in the US but everywhere too).

I guess for the lack of sounding redunded... yes I've thinking about moving to the DR and moreover hoping to meet an Island girl and possible marry, but from all the stories I've read on this site (in all the three weeks I been on here)... I'm really starting to think maybe I should just be womanizing A$$hole that most women think all men are! :laugh:

I figure why waste emotions and risking getting ones heart busted up when life is way to short (as I've read many of you stated in other threads... "life is just way to short so GET ON WITH YOURS")... if anything I've learned so much from this site and at best I have used some of your advice with helping me to see the "American" girl I'm dealing with now, and realize the bullshyte she's trying to pull on me! Now... I've been acting like a straight up A$$hole and she's been "JOCKING" me like I'm the cats meow!

Isn't it a little too early to be hitting the sauce?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Memon7 said:
Now... I've been acting like a straight up A$$hole and she's been "JOCKING" me like I'm the cats meow!

Hmmmm, please define "JOCKING".

Larry

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Advise from an old man

I lived on South Beach for 12 years and some of my best friends were some of the hottest strippers Miami's Booty clubs had to offer and here is the advise they gave me poor pathetic me (at the time)....

In a nut shell, there is nothing worse than a "MAN IN LOVE"! ! ! !

When you meet a woman you are YOU!!! when you get involved you become more complacent to her needs and desires and thus LOOSE WHO YOU REALLY ARE...simply because you care...BIG MISTAKE PAL ! ! !

Remember, children....only respect parents out of FEAR or LOVE...figure it out from here...I charge by the hour if you need personal councling...lol...

good luck!

Memon7 said:

Memon7

Aug 4, 2005
...iiiinnnnnnteresting!

stock said:
I lived on South Beach for 12 years and some of my best friends were some of the hottest strippers Miami's Booty clubs had to offer and here is the advise they gave me poor pathetic me (at the time)....

When you meet a woman you are YOU!!! when you get involved you become more complacent to her needs and desires and thus LOOSE WHO YOU REALLY ARE...simply because you care...BIG MISTAKE PAL ! ! !

Remember, children....only respect parents out of FEAR or LOVE...figure it out from here...I charge by the hour if you need personal councling...lol...

good luck!

Hmmm... not that is very interesting Duke!

Out of all the other smart A$$ replies, I'm really seeing my way around this board on who is more intelligent to even send back a reply!

Although my initial thread was rather serious... I tend to take most replies with a grain of salt. But I must admit your reply is VERY interesting. So in a true "nut" shell... then how would you know whether a woman is in love with you? I mean could one really tell if it's out of "Love" or "fear"?

I mean I HAVE noticed that the more I pay no attention the more attention I seem to get... so I guess that would her be loving me out of "fear" of me losing interest in her? That shyte is bugged out yo!

But I'm getting that game though! :classic:

Memon7

Aug 4, 2005
Slang From The Hood...

Larry said:
Hmmmm, please define "JOCKING".

Larry

Oh... scusi mi amica!

The term "JOCKING" is a more "colorful" term used in the "hood" meaning (for a lack of better words)... "Really interested in you"!

"To ride someone's PENIS"... although not literally but more as a suggestion that someone is all over you like a "Jock Strap" is to a PENIS!

Get it?

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Memon7 said:
Oh... scusi mi amica!

The term "JOCKING" is a more "colorful" term used in the "hood" meaning (for a lack of better words)... "Really interested in you"!

"To ride someone's PENIS"... although not literally but more as a suggestion that someone is all over you like a "Jock Strap" is to a PENIS!

Get it?

Welcome Memon. I bet you can't figure out how to cancel your account and never post again. Go ahead...I dare you.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be "jocking" you. Hey, do you know the significance of the word "chopo"? Never mind.

Scandall :)
DR1 Welcoming Committee

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Be true to yourself!!!!!

Here's the deal, when I moved to Fl I was kid with notions that I would meet a nice girl who I would fall for and she would do the same, BUT through many heart aches and counseling I've learned this much and I'm sure everyone will either laugh at me or agree....

I have three responsibilities as a man when I look in the mirror:

1) Make sure physically and health wise I am the best I can be. Think about it, anyone who wants someone who doesn't take care of themselves can't be worth much.

2) Always, always try to better yourself FINANCIALY, you should never be broke in the evenmt of a emotional catastorphy!!!

3) When you do hook up with someone worthy, MAKE SURE YOU DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BE THE BEST IN BED!!!!!!!!! MAKE HER HAPPY FIRST, THEN WORRY BOUT YOU.

now here?s the method behind my madness, ANY WOMAN WHO DOESN'T FEEL THIS IS ENOUGH FOR HER IS A PROBLEM CHICK, and if she leaves you guess what...YOU GOT MONEY, YOU LOOK GREAT and YOUR SMART ENOUGH TO FIND A BETTER ONE..HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, see my point!!!

Woman love a man that has confidence and heart and soul, they can spot a wimp a mile away...and if they have an M/O and you fit the sucker bill...your going To be left ......well..I can't say it..sob..sob..it brings tears to my eyes...

Folks I'm not some smart AS$, I've just learned the hard way and would like to help anyone from losing sight of who they are...

All in All women are great there all nuts, you just gotta find a cute one!

Stock

Memon7 said:

Out of all the other smart A$$ replies, I'm really seeing my way around this board on who is more intelligent to even send back a reply!

Although my initial thread was rather serious... I tend to take most replies with a grain of salt. But I must admit your reply is VERY interesting. So in a true "nut" shell... then how would you know whether a woman is in love with you? I mean could one really tell if it's out of "Love" or "fear"?

I mean I HAVE noticed that the more I pay no attention the more attention I seem to get... so I guess that would her be loving me out of "fear" of me losing interest in her? That shyte is bugged out yo!

Memon7

Aug 4, 2005
You're Alright With Me!!!

stock said:
Here's the deal, when I moved to Fl I was kid with notions that I would meet a nice girl who I would fall for and she would do the same, BUT through many heart aches and counseling I've learned this much and I'm sure everyone will either laugh at me or agree....

I have three responsibilities as a man when I look in the mirror:

1) Make sure physically and health wise I am the best I can be. Think about it, anyone who wants someone who doesn't take care of themselves can't be worth much.

2) Always, always try to better yourself FINANCIALY, you should never be broke in the evenmt of a emotional catastorphy!!!

3) When you do hook up with someone worthy, MAKE SURE YOU DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BE THE BEST IN BED!!!!!!!!! MAKE HER HAPPY FIRST, THEN WORRY BOUT YOU.

now here?s the method behind my madness, ANY WOMAN WHO DOESN'T FEEL THIS IS ENOUGH FOR HER IS A PROBLEM CHICK, and if she leaves you guess what...YOU GOT MONEY, YOU LOOK GREAT and YOUR SMART ENOUGH TO FIND A BETTER ONE..HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, see my point!!!

Woman love a man that has confidence and heart and soul, they can spot a wimp a mile away...and if they have an M/O and you fit the sucker bill...your going To be left ......well..I can't say it..sob..sob..it brings tears to my eyes...

Folks I'm not some smart AS$, I've just learned the hard way and would like to help anyone from losing sight of who they are...

All in All women are great there all nuts, you just gotta find a cute one!

Stock

Yeah... yeah... yeah, I feel you Duke!

That was a very informative post there and when I think about it you're 105% RIGHT!

Well... yeah I got my health, I'm always looking for new ways to make money, and as far as in the bed... I still get a quick and lasting hard-on (even know how to swing the "bat" pretty well) so I guess I'm not doing to bad there.

Yeah I try to put the lady first (smoe times)... but I've learned one can't always give them what thay want! At least that's what I come to understand.

I don't know... I guess this is what is meant by the saying "Marriage isn't for everyone" because now I'm starting to really see and experience all the MIND GAMES that go on just to relate to the opposite sex! I mean if I have to not do what come natural as a man then I'm just out of this bullshyte game of "love".

Guess I need to renew my "DAWG" pass again! :laugh:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
When are you coming back Stock??? LOL Can we clone you??? LOL

Seriously, don't brand all of us together. We shouldn't do it to you men either... Not fair.

And each of us has to look at patterns. If you continuously have the same problems what does that tell you? Maybe it is you? Maybe it is the women you are attracting? Maybe it is what you do after you attract them?

Someone said we teach others how to treat us!!! Hmmm something to think about....

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Dude...

if you're going to the DR, meet some real DR people. My impression of their women changed when I left the tourist areas and met people who live there. What you need to do is whatever it is you do at home when you go on vacation. Hang out, run, play a little basketball, go to the movies etc. Don't sit around like some gringo tourist in some hooker bar(like I have done on MANY occasions) waiting for some ghetto trash to approach you.

I met some friends on the island the last time I was there and my experience was very different than on previous visits. It was an absolute pleasure to meet girls who are'nt hooker trash. My advice to you? Treat the garbage like garbage if you must be around them at all. But get out there and meet people. These women are NOT all the same, just like in any other country.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
stock said:

good luck!

With all due respect, strippers, regardless of how HOT they are, are some of the most mentally warped and twisted humans to ever walk the earth. So unless you want to marry one why in the world would you take dating and love advice from one of these whores? And yes, I have been to Miami many times and have a few strippers as friends. They are some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life and are very nice if you just want to hang out and have a good time. They know how to party. But for a girlfriend? Never.

stock

Aug 2, 2005
I never dated them, however in ther defense, these girls are realists and see things for what they are (the man / woman relationship thing) they have seen A MAN turn to crap because of a pair of nice Ts and As, and it's our own fault!

They have seen professional footbal players turn to woosess because of a pretty face...point is worry bout your self / be kind to them BUT worry bout yourself and who you are first. Why do you think girls like bad boys?

It's Because "WE" (u like that huh?) are the very essence of what they want!!

Berzin said:
With all due respect, strippers, regardless of how HOT they are, are some of the most mentally warped and twisted humans to ever walk the earth. So unless you want to marry one why in the world would you take dating and love advice from one of these whores? And yes, I have been to Miami many times and have a few strippers as friends. They are some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life and are very nice if you just want to hang out and have a good time. They know how to party. But for a girlfriend? Never.

bill11

Dec 19, 2004
Memon7
What really chaps my A$$ is how some people on this board are so "jaded" void of emotions... makes me wonder if love, committment, trust, or even marriage still exist.

Memon7,if you are looking for love this place I mean the DR should be the last on your list.
MONEY is what matters here. If you have money you have a beautifull YOUNG girl,"LOVE",sex and you will be cared of.
If you are looking for a girl who LOOKS hot and sexy-Yes.(my opinion) Who will care of you - Yes, this this WOULD BE the right place but Love very doubt about that. And believe me whomen are whomen everywhere as well men and people in general.
The other thing, ask first yourself if you can really love someone yourself before looking for someone who you expect would love you.
As to the girl you had met, I think it is too early to put a big dot over the story yet. You know too little about her. From what you have said in your post,though, I think you have very little chances that she will be interested in you -but who knows? Are you really sure that she deserves that love you have been talking about here and do you deserve it yourself? If you feel so bad about all that happened find a nice girl. Not necessary for sex now. Just talk and you will feel better.
My advise for you be a man and be yourself in any sircumstances,go through all bad that happens to you and never regret of that. Look for what is good for you and do not try to change yourself to a whoman's expectations. Be a master of your life and do not let SOME LOCAS make of you a toy in their hands. It is my advise for you but it is up to you. It is your life after all.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Memon7 said:

From my experience in the dating game (I am settling down now, but the memories are vivid :classic: ), women are a complex version of humanity.

Us guys, life is rather simple compared to women.

When we go to the store to buy a particular item, we go in, we get what we went there for, and we go out.

With women, they go in, they get what they went in for and extras, and after falling for all the marketing traps, they come out with more than they intended.

That is only one example of thousands of simple tasks that are made complicated by women.

So it will be no surprise that they are confusing as hell when it comes to dating and love, etc.

One thing that I have learned is that women want what they don't have and/or what they have but they perceive to be losing. Thus, when you are single (and you have the looks if she is into that or the personality or both) she wants you.

Then the dating starts and everything that implies and this is where most guys fall into trouble.

Many guys think that dealing with a woman while in love is like everything else in a man's world where we can pretty much put it on "autopilot". BIG MISTAKE!

Women need a reason to put more attention to you. If you pamper here 24/7, oh they are going to love your for it... in the beginning. After a while, they loose their steam towards it, because YOU become predictable to them.

Predictability is a major enemy in these things.

Thus, when you back away from her enough for her to notice, she WILL notice and think a host of none sense including "Am I pretty enough for him, did he find someone else, is he bored with me, etc etc etc". Thus, she wants to reaffirm herself that she still "got" you and that you are not being bastard and cheating on her.

Thus, she puts more attention to you. This includes, getting new looks (when they change their hair color, that is almost always a HUGE SIGN of this), they dress nicer, they do a million things to themselves and you notice a change in attitude from them, ie. being more closer, appreciative, etc.

Basically, that is how it goes. You get close for a while, then get out of her way for a while, and you get close again, etc etc etc.

The entire time, she is in control because WE (the men) are the one's who have to maneuver this back and forth deal in order for HER to be satisfied.

I don't know if this is only Dominican women since I have only dated Dominican women and only one non-Dominican who is from Colombia. I have dated whites and some mulatas, but of upper echelons of society. I don't know if that has an effect on them as oppose to middle class or masses.

BTW, being "romantic" goes a long way. Romantic not in the sense of talking sweet everythings, blah blah blah, but surprising her once in a while. You know, without letting her know one night surprisingly give her a nice massage, or before going to work (if you live in with her) leave a simple hand written message saying "I LOVE YOU" somewhere visible in the house, etc.

Be very cautious with this, because this is meant to be only ONCE A WHILE! They will appreciate random acts of appreciation towards her and it shows when the sun goes down.....

Plus, those little things also reaffirms your love for her, if you truly love her.

Those are my 2 centavos!

bill11

Dec 19, 2004
Nal.
"Women need a reason to put more attention to you. If you pamper here 24/7, oh they are going to love your for it... in the beginning. After a while, they loose their steam towards it, because YOU become predictable to them.

Predictability is a major enemy in these things."

It happens because in the biginning from the man's part it goes naturally I mean the attention. In a while the man do not have the same feelings to the whoman that he had before and many men stop to be themselves and try to show the attention artificially. As usual intelligent whomen see it and hate it most of all. Some whomen though do not see,do not understand why it happens but feel it and cannot give any explanation to the very strange change in the man's behavior but the man's "too-much-love" to them.They dislike it too,though,because the man's behavior is strange.
That is why it is often heard -The more we pay attention to a whoman the less we get it from them. If a whoman is stupid enough not to see it she thinks that the man completely in love with her and gets so much proud of it that she says there is nothing worse than a "MAN IN LOVE"! ! ! !

Whomen as a rule love attention but when it comes naturally,sincerly. And as usual when it is natural it is unpredictable either.