Casa Marina Reef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Looking to go back to the DR the week of September 18th. I'm getting a pretty good deal for the Casa Marina Reef, but I'm not sure if I will like it or not.

What is the nightlife like in this area? I usually stay in Playa Dorada and head into Pto Pta in the evening for the discos. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
Debs

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Debs

as you more than likely know Casa Marina is in Sosua. Knowing you the way I do I'd say head to Cabarete for the night life. It's not far

Ok Sosua people update us on what's the good places to go dancing to in Sosua.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Ok Sosua people update us on what's the good places to go dancing to in Sosua.

Hey Anna, I think the Sosua regulars are all too old to go dancing in the evening... :laugh: I'll see if I can rustle up a young one to tell debs where to go and have fun in Sosua..

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chris said:
Hey Anna, I think the Sosua regulars are all too old to go dancing in the evening... :laugh: I'll see if I can rustle up a young one to tell debs where to go and have fun in Sosua..

That's what I was hoping for Chris. I'm not even sure what's left in Sosua that Debs would like. She loves to dance. ;) I was hoping Amy might know what's around.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Too Old?!?!

People!! I'm 23!!! :laugh:

X Club is HOT right now, they're new and they're a little different to the usual that you find down here. If you're looking for the ususal, then it's right accross the street, lol, at Classico ...... these are the main two clubs in Sosua at the moment, although there has been whisperings of a friend of mine (who owns another bar in Sosua) opening up a club on top of Harrisons ...... and then some other people were talking about another one accross from Harrisons. Don't think any of these would be open by the time you get here, but there's definately X and Classico for now.

Wanna go completely Dominican? Go to La Canoa which is a bar/pool/dance place down the road from your hotel, heading away from the town-center .... wouldn't reccomend this place if you don't speak just a little Spanish though, but it can be fun.

Stay well,
Amy

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I heard that "Club X" has table dancing and private booths, how bad could it be!

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
2-3 clubs on Cabarete Beach

If you want the Merengue - Bachata music for the evening.. Las Brisas is the place. But if you're in the Techno, R&B, regular US kinda mood there are 2 clubs side by side on the beach.. Basically all 3 that make the most noise are in a 2min walk range from each other..

Dance one bachata for me :laugh:

Milagro

Last edited:

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
A Polite Suggestion If I May

debs,
It's great to see that you are going back to the DR very soon. I have one request...if you are so moved, please consider bringing an extra bag(s) filled with school supplies to donate to the local schools. I support an organization named Fundacion Patria, and have posted a thread in this forum. The last time I looked, it was on page 10.

If interested please locate and read the thread. If moved, please bring the supplies. If you pm me with your resort information, I can give you the name of the FP contact person at your resort. I can also provide you with a letter you can submit to your airline requesting an extra baggage allowance for the donations.

Thanks for your time.

Enjoy your Dominican experience :)

SB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Snowbird said:
debs,
It's great to see that you are going back to the DR very soon. I have one request...if you are so moved, please consider bringing an extra bag(s) filled with school supplies to donate to the local schools. I support an organization named Fundacion Patria, and have posted a thread in this forum. The last time I looked, it was on page 10.

If interested please locate and read the thread. If moved, please bring the supplies. If you pm me with your resort information, I can give you the name of the FP contact person at your resort. I can also provide you with a letter you can submit to your airline requesting an extra baggage allowance for the donations.

Thanks for your time.

Enjoy your Dominican experience :)

SB
Can't you just keep this in one thread and not in others? I am all for the kids but this is annoying!@!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Wow! Lots of replies! Thanks guys!

I'm definitely looking for Bachata and Merengue (and a little Reggaeton too). So, yes I want to go completely Dominican ;) I like clubs that are frequented by non-animation locals. I want to dance and have fun, not marry someone and bring him back to Canada...LOL...

How far of a drive is it into Puerto Plata to say Orion or La Barrica if I'm not exactly loving the discos in Sosua?

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
debs said:
How far of a drive is it into Puerto Plata to say Orion or La Barrica if I'm not exactly loving the discos in Sosua?
It takes around half an hour so I would estimate a little over 30km or so.

It's nice to see a thread mention an AI without some jackasses putting down the place, person, and concept.

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Malibook said:
It takes around half an hour so I would estimate a little over 30km or so.

It's nice to see a thread mention an AI without some jackasses putting down the place, person, and concept.
It's not over 'til it's over.

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.