Taxi from Santiago to Puerto Plata

unicorn

Aug 10, 2005
Can anyone tell me how far a cab ride is from Santiago airport to Confresi beach, by Puerto Plata?

What should I expect to pay the cab driver. I am very worried that we might get ripped off.

We are leaving this Saturday, August 13th. I am very exicited. If anyone has any info please write back.

Thanks

peppercorn

Aug 10, 2005
we would be interested also about the price or perhaps renting a car at the airport in Santo Domingo and Driving our selves to Cortesi Beach area. We can get great air fare to Santo Domingo but not to Puerto Plata and are considering this as an alternative.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
peppercorn said:
we would be interested also about the price or perhaps renting a car at the airport in Santo Domingo and Driving our selves to Cortesi Beach area. We can get great air fare to Santo Domingo but not to Puerto Plata and are considering this as an alternative.
The OP was asking about from Santiago, your are asking about from Santo Domingo. Since I know more about the latter I will give you the info I know.

A cab ride from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata would be about US140 each way. It takes about 3 1/2 hours. The bus costs about US8 and takes about 4 1/2 hours. To rent a car from a reputable company cost about US35 per day (w/o insurance and taxes). Figure another US35 each way for gas.

My recommendation is to take the bus.