W Virginia: 70
Wisconsin: 612
Wyoming: 11
P Rico: 56,146

Have fun!!.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Let me take a wild guess here and say that these are just the folks who bothered to register, or actually can register.

Where'd you get the numbers?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Miguel, where did you get these stats from? They lists shows about 800,000 Dominicans in the US. I would have thought there would be more.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Wyoming? The 52nd State of the DR... :laugh:

These stats do look right in terms of statistics.... If the estimates are about a million Dominican Republicans (how that for being PC?) in the US, I guess 800,00 registered and known would be on the mark...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra!!

rellosk said:
Miguel, where did you get these stats from? They lists shows about 800,000 Dominicans in the US. I would have thought there would be more.
Mea culpa, companeros, zapateros and caras de sancocho, lol.

Those figures were posted, today, by my favorite newspaper: The New York Post. I know, nothing to brag about since it's an ok newspaper but my favorite since I have been reading it for 31 years and I DO have to drive a little far to get it here in PA.

Whomever care to dispute those figures, PLEASE feel free to write to The Post!.

Btw, if the US had a state in Mars, I am pretty sure that a dominican would be living there too. Selling chimichurrys perhaps, LOL.

Last edited:

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Alaska???

I'm trying to figure out why there are 877 Dominicans in Alaska??

-Helpmann :laugh:

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Military

helpmann said:
I'm trying to figure out why there are 877 Dominicans in Alaska??

-Helpmann :laugh:

There are probably alot of Military Dominicans in the US Armed Forces over the years in Alaska..

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
R.Dennis said:
There are probably alot of Military Dominicans in the US Armed Forces over the years in Alaska..

Not necessarily,

I think most of them work in the fish cannery indurstries and also on the trawlers. They make a lot of money.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Double them!

These figures, if based on registered Dominicans, do not take into account all those unregistered, which would be most of the illegal ones. If it's a guesstimate, I still think they are low. I would double the total and that would most likely be closer to being correct. Although, I would think the great majority of those missing Dominicans would be in New York, Puerto Rico, Miami, Boston.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
There's always on!

frank alvarez said:
These figures, if based on registered Dominicans, do not take into account all those unregistered, which would be most of the illegal ones. If it's a guesstimate, I still think they are low. I would double the total and that would most likely be closer to being correct. Although, I would think the great majority of those missing Dominicans would be in New York, Puerto Rico, Miami, Boston.
When they do the cencus in the US, do they count the illegal aliens?. If I am not mistaken, they don't. Why?, because illegal do not want to be "counted" because of fear of being deported!.

I don't think that the Post would be stupid enough to print something before doing a survey/search. I do believe that they have much more resources/sources than all of us so I will believe them unless someone here proves to me that they are wrong!

As I said before, whomemever wants to dispute the figures, I am sure that the NY post will be happy, maybe, to tell you how they got those figures. Then you can tell them your figures and how you got to them.

Btw, I don't think that there are 800,000 illegal dominicans in the US!

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Actually the Census does count undocumented individuals. This last Census only had a 0.7 error margin on this. I say that's pretty damn good.

As for your numbers I would need to see the link and have access to the fine print to better discuss this.

miguel said:
When they do the cencus in the US, do they count the illegal aliens?. If I am not mistaken, they don't. Why?, because illegal do not want to be "counted" because of fear of being deported!.
Btw, I don't think that there are 800,000 illegal dominicans in the US!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

deelt said:
Actually the Census does count undocumented individuals. This last Census only had a 0.7 error margin on this. I say that's pretty damn good.

As for your numbers I would need to see the link and have access to the fine print to better discuss this.
About the census, that was EXACTLY what I wanted to say.

About the numbers, try and get yesterday's NY Post. It's there.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguel said:
Those figures were posted, today, by my favorite newspaper: The New York Post. I know, nothing to brag about since it's an ok newspaper but my favorite since I have been reading it for 31 years and I DO have to drive a little far to get it here in PA.
I never imagined anyone actually going out of their way to buy the NY Post. I vaguely remember a comic doing a skit mocking the NY Post. He said the only reason people buy it, it because you can read the headline from across the street. And then he read a few sample headlines.
Miguel, I hope you are not forming your opinions based on information from this rag. :)

Disclaimer: Thie above comments come from someone who used to enjoy reading the USA Today, which has been described as the only newspaper you can read in it's entirety while you are sitting on the toilet doing your business.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Those numbers are from the 2000 census(5 years ago) ,tad bit outdated ,the actual present day figures might be a little higher.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Do you know what a 'machete' is?...!

I'm glad to see that the Post enjoys such loyal trust from some posters (lol!).

Do you guys know how widespread the use of a machete in the DR is! I am not talking about the tool/weapon. Dominicans have developed this novel way of emigrating to the U.S. using someone else's passport and this practice is called using a 'machete'. Let me tell you how it works.

A 30 year-old lady is lucky enough to acquire a U.S. visa and goes to the U.S.
Then she promptly sends her passport back to the DR and her 25-year old sister gets into the U.S. with it. She sends it back and her 20-yeard old niece comes into the U.S. with it, and so on. This has happened over the last several decades many thousands of times over. Believe me, these people are not 'taken into consideration' by anyone since there is no possible way to 'guesstimate' the amounts.

Conditions for the use of 'machetes' may have changed due to Sept. 11 and it may not be effective anymore but it was a very widespread practice for many, many years.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
frank alvarez said:
Believe me, these people are not 'taken into consideration' by anyone since there is no possible way to 'guesstimate' the amounts.
Believe me that the last census went to great lengths to "guesstimate the udocumented". They used many methods and developed formulas to develop the numbers. They don't simply knock on the door and ask who lives there. For example. all children, documented or undocumented are entitled to be in school. By using school enrollment they can estimate numbers of adults. All people, documented or undocumented, are entitled to Emergency Room Hospital care. They can estimate the number of people by the number of heart attacks for example. A lot was riding on a accurate census including government aid to cities or tne number of Representitives in Congress. Looking back, it appears that the 2000 census was very accurate.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

frank alvarez said:
Do you guys know how widespread the use of a machete in the DR is! I am not talking about the tool/weapon. Dominicans have developed this novel way of emigrating to the U.S. using someone else's passport and this practice is called using a 'machete'. Let me tell you how it works.

A 30 year-old lady is lucky enough to acquire a U.S. visa and goes to the U.S.
Then she promptly sends her passport back to the DR and her 25-year old sister gets into the U.S. with it. She sends it back and her 20-yeard old niece comes into the U.S. with it, and so on. This has happened over the last several decades many thousands of times over. Believe me, these people are not 'taken into consideration' by anyone since there is no possible way to 'guesstimate' the amounts.

Conditions for the use of 'machetes' may have changed due to Sept. 11 and it may not be effective anymore but it was a very widespread practice for many, many years.
Actually, Francisco, "a machetazo limpio" was alive and well many moons ago. I heard many people say that "this passport has been used my many of my relatives to get to the US". But I can promise you that with new technologies it's not done very suscessfully lately. Not saying that it does not happens, but nothing compared to the '70's and '80's.

Btw, I agree with HOWMAR!!!!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguel said:
Actually, Francisco, "a machetazo limpio" was alive and well many moons ago. I heard many people say that "this passport has been used my many of my relatives to get to the US". But I can promise you that with new technologies it's not done very suscessfully lately. Not saying that it does not happens, but nothing compared to the '70's and '80's.

Btw, I agree with HOWMAR!!!!!
I agree, it's difficult (probably not impossible) to fake fingerprints. I also agree with HOWMAR, the government made all efforts to count everyone including illegal immigrants and the homeless.