Dominican 'Leaders' Put It To the People.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Dominican Politicians and 'Concerned Leading Citizens' (lol!) have come to an agreement on how to recover the revenues that will be lost due to the kicking in of the DR-CAFTA agreement (see article on DR1 news today).
Consumers will have to bear the burden with a whopping 86.5% of the new taxes, and, hold on(!) vehicles will have a new 15% tax on them, instead of prices going down! Large businesses, the government etc. get left with only 13.5%. Isn't that just dandy? What's the point of this whole DR-CAFTA mess if we may be worst off and at best the same?

What a country!

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that educated Dominicans living in the DR are brain dead.

How else can an entire population be duped for so long by phrases such as "tax reform"?

How is that an entire population is satisfied when the government absorbs 0% of the DR-CAFTA revenue shortfall, while regular folk and small businesses are shafted for 85%?

Unless you are a PLD leech, why is this not alarming?
:tired:

Edited to spell "duped" correctly... :)

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
I can think of a few other locations you could substitute for DR in your statement...

;)

mondongo said:
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that educated Dominicans living in the DR are brain dead.

How else can an entire population be dupped for so long by phrases such as "tax reform"?

How is that an entire population is satisfied when the government absorbs 0% of the DR-CAFTA revenue shortfall, while regular folk and small businesses are shafted for 85%?

Unless you are a PLD leech, why is this not alarming?
:tired:

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Agreed, Wonderdog....this happens everywhere....including the USA....the DR, however, has a malignant case of head-in-sand