English curriculum

Mongoose

Jan 30, 2004
Hi am just wondering if there are any schools in SD that use the english curriculum for teaching I am aware of the abraham lincoln school in La romana- do they have a website?

I would prefer Santo Domingo but if there are others any details are appreciated.

Thanks
Hannah

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Mongoose said:
Hi am just wondering if there are any schools in SD that use the english curriculum for teaching I am aware of the abraham lincoln school in La romana- do they have a website?

I would prefer Santo Domingo but if there are others any details are appreciated.

Thanks
Hannah

if you mean "the" english curriculum:

closest you'll get is probably st. george's school in (near) ave. abraham lincoln just behind auto plaza (opposite la cadena supermarket).

the owner is english and has the union jack, along with the dominican flag on the school emblem (it is a bi-lingual school - there are others which are english speaking only).

sadly they don't teach "the" english curriculum, but it is the best in santo domingo (bi-lingual or not)....others will tell you 'carol morgan', but that debate goes on and on and on..........and on.

abraham lincoln school is without doubt the best in the dominican republic, plus it has "the" eng....etcetera.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
st johns?

what about st johns in la romana as well...over in buena vista. i went there last year and saw english on the walls in the classrooms. anyone know about this school?

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Mongoose said:

Thanks
Hannah

Send me a PM. I have a ton of automated information from my TEFL certification courses and also from a lot of independent research on the side.

Good luck,

Sunnie