Social Security Disability

Veteran

Aug 13, 2005
If I recieve 814 dollars a month from disability and my future wife receives 1000 dollars from her disability and ssi. If we get married how will this effect our income? Also Ive been hearing on alot of sites that most people up to 90 percent some say that get turned down the first sometimes the second time filing for social security disability. Our situation is that we both have chronic ptsd, panic disorder, depression and general anxiety, with doctors notes from our psychiatrists saying that we cannot work at least for a years time. What do you think our chances are of getting SSD or SSI. Mine is Military related and my Psychiatrist is from the VA and I am also filing for VA benefits as well.

Veteran in distress

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Assuming you live in the US, why not stop in your local SS branch office or call the VA?

Veteran

Aug 13, 2005

rellosk said:
Assuming you live in the US, why not stop in your local SS branch office or call the VA?

I have already filed for both, just wondering what everyone else thinks that we might get it the first time or not?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
MerengueDutchie said:
This is DR related how exactly?
Reading it sound like someone who wants attention, since the medical rundown is irrelevant to the question as to if they get the dough or not. Read the airline fourm for totally unrelated to DR stuff.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Veteran said:
If I recieve 814 dollars a month from disability and my future wife receives 1000 dollars from her disability and ssi. If we get married how will this effect our income? Also Ive been hearing on alot of sites that most people up to 90 percent some say that get turned down the first sometimes the second time filing for social security disability. Our situation is that we both have chronic ptsd, panic disorder, depression and general anxiety, with doctors notes from our psychiatrists saying that we cannot work at least for a years time. What do you think our chances are of getting SSD or SSI. Mine is Military related and my Psychiatrist is from the VA and I am also filing for VA benefits as well.

Veteran in distress

Get a grip!!! I'm tired of people sucking off my tit!!!

OK' I expect this to get deleted, but it had to be said!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
CyaBye3015 said:
Get a grip!!! I'm tired of people sucking off my tit!!!

OK' I expect this to get deleted, but it had to be said!

CyaBye+, did you know that according to a Pentagon study, more than one-third of Irak war troops seek mental help treatment?

Everything the OP needs regarding veteran's dissability information can be found here http://vawatchdog.org/

By the way, I also expect this to be deleted, but it also had to be said!

-

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Mirador said:
CyaBye+, did you know that according to a Pentagon study, more than one-third of Irak war troops seek mental help treatment?

Everything the OP needs regarding veteran's dissability information can be found here http://vawatchdog.org/

By the way, I also expect this to be deleted, but it also had to be said!

-

And your point is???

I'm not questioning the fact that sometimes people need to seek mental help treatment, but should they expect to spend the rest of their lives living off my labors? I think not!

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
CyaBye3015 said:
And your point is???

I'm not questioning the fact that sometimes people need to seek mental help treatment, but should they expect to spend the rest of their lives living off my labors? I think not!

no harm in tryin though...except to the public purse