dominicans in boston!!!!

eekamouse

Aug 12, 2005
alo.. k tal? newbie here. any dominicans from boston on this site?
send a shout...who knows i might know ya?

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
calamardo in Lawrence (Boston Area)

eekamouse said:

Greetings for you all. I m spending two weeks here ;)

DerekJC

Sep 10, 2005
Dominicans in Boston...

eekamouse said:

Where are the Dominican clubs/bars in Boston? Are they only open during the weekends? I hope that there is a place to gather, meet, drink, eat and dance every night of the week, like real Dominicans do it! This city sucks. It is nothing like DC or NYC where there is always a Dominican place to go every night to dance or whatever. I am at the Framingham Best Western working here, but I still live in DC. My room number is 5118. Me llamo Derek Compton...cuidate...

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
There are a ton of Dominicans out here in Providence RI, just about an hour away from bean town...and we have nightclubs, restaurants, bla bla bla. Not the best (for a local who goes and sees the same people all the time) but some one from out of state might enjoy them. Also, there are some Latin clubs in the Boston vicinity I know that (look on line), for example, Vincents in Randolph or Randolf Mass is pretty decent.

yari

DerekJC said:
Where are the Dominican clubs/bars in Boston? Are they only open during the weekends? I hope that there is a place to gather, meet, drink, eat and dance every night of the week, like real Dominicans do it! This city sucks. It is nothing like DC or NYC where there is always a Dominican place to go every night to dance or whatever. I am at the Framingham Best Western working here, but I still live in DC. My room number is 5118. Me llamo Derek Compton...cuidate...

concon_quemao

Oct 28, 2005
lostinthemetro.blogspot.com
although i live in dc.. i must concur with yari, RI is the place to go. many dominicans from boston travel the 45 minutes to providence every weekend for the night life. yari and i have frequented every dominican club, eatery, hair salon in providence. ha.. there is the "domincan strip." it runs along a street in south providence. LA BROA.. or if you are are american, broad street. lol. although there are many domincans all over RI this is the main strip of congregation. .you can find anything... bodegas, salons, barbershops, bars, clubs, restaurants, music stores.. joyerias.. and the infamous chimi trucks!

Yari said:
There are a ton of Dominicans out here in Providence RI, just about an hour away from bean town...and we have nightclubs, restaurants, bla bla bla. Not the best (for a local who goes and sees the same people all the time) but some one from out of state might enjoy them. Also, there are some Latin clubs in the Boston vicinity I know that (look on line), for example, Vincents in Randolph or Randolf Mass is pretty decent.

yari

little Joe

May 3, 2005
A nice city in the boston area is Lynn its about 15 min. from Boston. It has alot of places to eat & dance. It's a little something like RI with alot of dominicans. De' Marco's and Rafie's are some places to start.

Good luck !!

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It might be just personal taste, but I happen to like the cities of Boston and Cambridge....

dlcrze

Mar 7, 2006
Dominican Hair Salons in Boston Area

eekamouse said:

Does anyone know of any Dominican Hair Salons in the Boston area?

relaxed

Feb 18, 2006
Try Jacqueline's hair salon, I believe it's still in Jamaica Plain on Centre Street.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Does anyone know of dominican hair salon/stylist/straightener in/near Malden Ma?

Lawrence may be a bit far.

My curls are all over the place.

Please PM me on this, I'm not normally in the hair forum.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Good Food

relaxed said:
Try Jacqueline's hair salon, I believe it's still in Jamaica Plain on Centre Street.

You can find Cuban and Dominican restaurants on Centre Street. Jamaica Plain has such a high concentration of latinos it's also called Jamaica Spain. Dominicans are probably the fastest growing population of latinos in Boston.

little Joe

May 3, 2005
Try Rosa's place of Beauty - 282 Broadway, Revere, 781-284-5503
It should be about 10 min from malden.

dlcrze said:
Does anyone know of any Dominican Hair Salons in the Boston area?
Try Salon Jocelyn. She is in Jamaica Plain in the corner of the Fernandez Spa Liquor Store. Her phone number is (617)524-1000 and she is Da Best to make latina's hair.
My hais is "pelo bueno" but when I go there and I get highlights or my hair blow dry I get out looking better than Jennifer Aniston :cheeky: , no, seriously.
Tell her that Virginia from Fernandez Travel sent you and she can even give you a discount!
I moved from Boston in October to Washington State but I am moving back to Boston in the summer and I can't wait to go back so that she can make my hair look great again.

monster

Oct 16, 2005
I live out here in Boston. There's alot of Dominican in Lynn, Lawrence, Jamaica Plain, and Dorchestor. There isnt much of a nightlife here for just Dominicans though; there's alot of different Spanish people here especially Puerto Rican. Salvadorians and many Central Americans mostly live in Chelsea. There are also alot of Colombians in East Boston and Orient Heights. BTW I dont think Dominicans are the fastest growing Latin American group in Boston. Salvadorians are pretty much taking over in this area.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
monster said:
BTW I dont think Dominicans are the fastest growing Latin American group in Boston. Salvadorians are pretty much taking over in this area.

Interesting. How fast things change. I moved from Boston to Santo Domingo almost four years ago and I had the impression at that time that Dominicans were the fastest growing group of Latinos.