Butcher Shop in POP?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi guys,

A friend is flying into POP tomorrow and then travelling to Costambar.

Can anyone tell me of a decent butcher shop more or less along the route which might be open on a Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Gregg

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
FireGuy said:
Hi guys,

A friend is flying into POP tomorrow and then travelling to Costambar.

Can anyone tell me of a decent butcher shop more or less along the route which might be open on a Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Gregg
I've been in POP 2+ yearsand still haven't found a butcher shop. The choices you have are the butchers at the marketplace where the meat hangs in the open air covered with flies. Your best bet is the supermarkets. All are open until 1:00 on Sunday. I find the meat best at Supermercado Messon in downtown POP on Camino Real.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If your friend wants a particular CUT of meat, get him/her to ask the boy at the counter to bring the butcher out. They are VERY helpful in there & one of the counterhands is trying to learn English (just in case your friend does not talk Spanish). ~ GWB.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
HOWMAR said:
I've been in POP 2+ yearsand still haven't found a butcher shop. The choices you have are the butchers at the marketplace where the meat hangs in the open air covered with flies. Your best bet is the supermarkets. All are open until 1:00 on Sunday. I find the meat best at Supermercado Messon in downtown POP on Camino Real.

There is a butcher down on Antera Mota, way down, before Hidelisa but on the other side of the street.
It is not a shop, but he sells to anyone that asks.
They deliver to restaurants and some supermercados.
Used them several times.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
FireGuy said:
Tack s? mycket Carina (I hope it really does mean thank you very much).

Gregg

How dare you tell me to XXXX off... ;)
Just kidding.. you are correct!
Wow, I am amazed, you know my language!
And Blog-Helmut is almost fluent!
;)

Butcher man not much help for your friend, just replied for HOWie. ;)