Atlantica Update

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering what is the lastest update on Atlantica. I surprisingly recieved some interesting mail, it seems that they have moved the project to Costa Bayana, does anybody know where that is?

These are the listed pre-construction prices:
Harbor Village Condominiums: US$306,000 to $760,000
Captain's Cove Harbor Town Homes: US$951,000 to $2,634,000
Ocean & Golf Estates: US$1,250,000 to $5,650,000

I find these prices low compared to CapCana. Atlantica is boasting that it will be the only facility in the world to host both super yachts & private jets at the same location. They will also have a hydrofoil shuttle service that will connect the three resorts community. Which one of the two seems like a better long term investment?

Construction Dates:
Ocean Estates: July 2005
Harbor Village Condominiums: October 2005
Captain's Cove Harbor Town Homes: October 2005
Gold Estates: July 2005
Punta Atlantica Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course: Starts 2005, Tee Time End of 2006
Airstrip: November 2005

They also state a major international airport is being constructed in Montecristi, is this true? I haven't heard anything on DR1 news or DR News in general.

I'm just posting this on DR1 because I haven't heard anything lately & I believe this will be a huge project that will affect not only the local economy but the infrustucture as well, whatever town that is near by will probably gain something.... hopefully not more trash :nervous: ... just kidding ;) .

Peace Capo,

BTW these are the prices for CapCana condos, depends on size & localization:
1. One bedroom apartments, aprox. 1,400 ft2
Priced between US$575,000 and US$600,000

2. Two bedrooms apartments, aprox. 1,900 & 2,500 ft2
Priced between US$675,000 y US$1,175,000

3. Three bedrooms apartments, aprox. 3,500 ft2
Priced between US$1,600,000 and US$1,800,000

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Right now I wouldnt put a penny into Atlantica, too many problems with land titles, environmental permits, investor pull-outs, remote location, general non-confidence, etc.

At least Cap Cana has some infrastructure like an airport nearby and some condos and the marina under construction.

Btw, Ocean World Marina near Puerto Plata will have complete super yacht facilities with Puerto Plata airport (that services private jets) 25 minutes drive away. OWM will have soft opening in December 2005.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
When it's built, then I'll put my money down.
Until then, it's a lot of speculation, smoke and mirrors.

Right now your paying 4 Seasons prices, but you might just end up eating KFC.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
Thanks for the inputs.
I just wanted to know updates and to confirm what I posted. There website isn't updated and I recieved this by mail. I bet there's alot of people that will probably be future investors in DR and search these forums. I really can't believe Pierre Schnebelen & associates messed up big time, this guy is well known. Do you remember this http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36691, what little a year makes!

Peace,
Capo :cry:

So where exactly is Costa Bayana? I can't find it on any map, my mom is from La Isabela, Puerto Plata and she doesn't know where it is.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
capodominicano said:
So where exactly is Costa Bayana? I can't find it on any map, my mom is from La Isabela, Puerto Plata and she doesn't know where it is.
Maybe it's a new name they will use for the Atlantica area?

Remember, before the Punta Cana Resort and Club opened in modern day Punta Cana, that region was known by its official name: Cabo Enga?o. Only after the Punta Cana Resort and Club (and airport) plans were designed did the area came to be referred to as Punta Cana.

Maybe the same thing is going on with Atlantica and its development when it comes to naming.

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Where is Costa Bayana

capodominicano said:
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering what is the lastest update on Atlantica. I surprisingly recieved some interesting mail, it seems that they have moved the project to Costa Bayana, does anybody know where that is?

These are the listed pre-construction prices:
Harbor Village Condominiums: US$306,000 to $760,000
Captain's Cove Harbor Town Homes: US$951,000 to $2,634,000
Ocean & Golf Estates: US$1,250,000 to $5,650,000

I find these prices low compared to CapCana. Atlantica is boasting that it will be the only facility in the world to host both super yachts & private jets at the same location. They will also have a hydrofoil shuttle service that will connect the three resorts community. Which one of the two seems like a better long term investment?

Construction Dates:
Ocean Estates: July 2005
Harbor Village Condominiums: October 2005
Captain's Cove Harbor Town Homes: October 2005
Gold Estates: July 2005
Punta Atlantica Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course: Starts 2005, Tee Time End of 2006
Airstrip: November 2005

They also state a major international airport is being constructed in Montecristi, is this true? I haven't heard anything on DR1 news or DR News in general.

I'm just posting this on DR1 because I haven't heard anything lately & I believe this will be a huge project that will affect not only the local economy but the infrustucture as well, whatever town that is near by will probably gain something.... hopefully not more trash :nervous: ... just kidding ;) .

Peace Capo,

BTW these are the prices for CapCana condos, depends on size & localization:
1. One bedroom apartments, aprox. 1,400 ft2
Priced between US$575,000 and US$600,000

2. Two bedrooms apartments, aprox. 1,900 & 2,500 ft2
Priced between US$675,000 y US$1,175,000

3. Three bedrooms apartments, aprox. 3,500 ft2
Priced between US$1,600,000 and US$1,800,000

I also received a package from Atlantica, and was woundering where is this place. We tried to find it on the map. Are they still developing in Luperon, or have they moved some where else. Does anyone know if Atlantica has more than one project going on??? Can they change or come up with a name of a place just like that???

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
karenssp said:
I also received a package from Atlantica, and was woundering where is this place. We tried to find it on the map. Are they still developing in Luperon, or have they moved some where else. Does anyone know if Atlantica has more than one project going on??? Can they change or come up with a name of a place just like that???

someone i know in luperon said they are doing construction work for the project,,, not extensive, but
they're getting the land ready for the project.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Costa BayanA - a Dominiacan Escalera Nautica

Residential Resort Transforming Atlantic Coastline into Luxury Yachting and Golf Destination

MIAMI, Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Costa BayanA Partners, an international real estate development company, announced today that construction has begun on Costa BayanA, its group of five-star, marina residential resorts in the Dominican Republic.

ADVERTISEMENT
The multi-billion dollar destination will consist of three resorts: AtlanticA, OceanA and BayanA, developed on 11,000 acres, featuring 23 miles of Atlantic coastline between Puerto Plata and Montecristi.

"Costa BayanA will bring the best of European resort living to the Caribbean" said Pierre Schnebelen, President of Costa BayanA Partners. "It is designed to become the Costa Smeralda of North America, delivering the highest level of luxury to the most sophisticated clientele."

Amenities at Costa BayanA will include five Signature golf courses, 260 super yacht hangers, three cruise ship piers and terminals with at least two 100,000 gallon fuel stations, commercial and general aviation airports, 28 boutique hotels, 850 shops and restaurants and 10,000 real estate units priced from $300,000 to $5.2 million - all within 10 pedestrian villages

Costa BayanA will be constructed within eight to 10 years. The first phase of the first resort, AtlanticA, is scheduled to be completed in December 2006 for the Grand Opening.

Spontaneous Animation

"Resorts are traditionally thought of as developments that limit activities to a chosen theme or what can be encompassed within the property itself," said Schnebelen. "Unlike other resorts, Costa BayanA will offer unmatched diversity in a true Caribbean paradise."

Pedestrian promenades will weave through the resorts' villages with views of the Atlantic Ocean, the resorts' golf courses, harbors and marinas. A market ambience with shops, restaurants and cafes will encourage "spontaneous animation" - a dynamic community of visitors and residents that is full of life and activities.

Yachting Haven/ Hurricane Hole

Situated in the center of the Caribbean archipelago, halfway between the Turks and Caicos Islands and Puerto Rico, Costa BayanA will feature more than 1,000 docking spaces in the Bay of Luperon, one of only two natural hurricane havens in the Central American Hurricane Zone.

"Costa BayanA will emerge as the number one yachting destination in the Caribbean," said Schnebelen, and will serve as the epicenter for yachters sailing between North America and the Caribbean

The entrance channel at AtlanticA leads into the harbor which will accommodate 80 docking spaces. Further into the bay, the marina will feature 450 slips accommodating 40 to 160-foot yachts with power, water, waste removal, telephone and cable. Up to 500 additional yachts may be docked along the waterfront property.

AtlanticA Bay will encompass a cruise ship terminal where guests of luxury cruise lines will disembark in the heart of AtlanticA's Harbor Village, a pedestrian promenade of boutique shops and sidewalk cafes.

At the end of the Grand Canal - at the far end of AtlanticA Harbor - a shipyard will be located, complete with ship chandlers, sail makers, chartering offices and crew member accommodations. This area will also feature dry docks with a crane and space to stow up to 200-foot yachts.

Palmer/Fazio Signature Golf

More than one million square feet of terrain for all levels of play comprise Costa BayanA's five courses including AtlanticA's Punta AtlanticA Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course and the Canyon Jim Fazio Signature Golf Course, and still in planning stages, the Gran OceanA Golf Course at OceanA.

AtlanticA's flagship ocean course, designed by Arnold Palmer, will feature 7,353 yards (6,724 meters) of links course, with seven fairways on the ocean to challenge even the most accomplished player.

The ocean course's remaining 11 fairways will be set upon a landscape of naturally terraced bluffs with Atlantic views. This 600,000-square-meter course will be in close proximity to a luxury boutique hotel, European-style beach club and a private golf club. The Punta AtlanticA Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course is scheduled for completion in December 2006,

The Canyon Jim Fazio Signature Golf Course will follow directly after, and will feature four fairways on the Atlantic shoreline and 14 holes surging from the coast into the area's Las Colinas coral canyons. A third 18-hole course will be located wholly within the intricate folds of the Las Colinas canyons.

New Airport Service

Two new international airports are planned to service Costa BayanA. With a landing strip of 3,000 meters (3,280 yards), the airports will include 40 private jet hangers, as well as passenger and cargo facilities. Initial air service will include connections to North American and European gateways such as Santo-Domingo, San Juan, Miami, New York, Frankfurt, Munich, Madrid, London, Paris, Milan and Rome.

The commercial airport will be located near Montecristi and will be approximately a 10-minute drive from Costa BayanA's OceanA Residential Resort, and about one hour with a hydrofoil service to AtlanticA and BayanA. The general aviation airport will be built between the AtlanticA and BayanA resorts.

About Costa BayanA Partners

Costa BayanA Partners is the chief developer of the three Costa BayanA residential resorts located on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Decades of international experience with projects that have shaped the global resort and tourism industry have brought together a unique network of entrepreneurs and experts from the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia, to build Costa BayanA's three unique residential properties: AtlanticA, BayanA and OceanA.

Costa BayanA Partners is led by President Pierre Schnebelen, the visionary of the project. Mr. Schnebelen is globally recognized as a pioneer in the modern tourist resort industry, having completed more than 20 major destination resorts during the last 30 years, including Tignes and Val d'Isere resorts, pioneers of the contemporary ski resort concept, and today represent Europe's premier ski area featuring over 100 hotels with 75,000 beds, together generating more than 3 million skier-days per year.

About Resorts of the World

Resorts of the World (www.resortsoftheworld.net) is a leader in high-end residential sales and marketing of the world's finest residential report properties. Resorts of the World identifies real estate and high-end lifestyle trends to market properties to a qualified client base, managing the concept from start to finish, including direct marketing, advertising, and Internet sales. Based in Miami, Resorts of the World has a global client base, with a strong focus in the United States, Europe and Latin America. For more information call +1-786-888-9000.

Source: Costa BayanA Partners

Last edited:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
According to the photos I saw they started construction on 3 condos. Maybe someone has more info on what is actually being built compared to what is being planned.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
Thanks for the update. I guessed Nawh0ls was right & they decided to name the area, Costa Bayana. I wonder if it will be smooth sailing from here on (no pun intended).

Peace,
Capo

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005

Here is the contact info. provided in their press release, for those interested:

Signe Bjorndal

Costa BayanA, USA Office

+1-786-888-6345

sbjorndal@resortsoftheworld.net

Christine Monaghan

Hill & Knowlton

+1-212-885-0490

christine.monaghan@hillandknowlton.com

---------

P.S. [anecdotal information] Hill & Knowlton is one of the world's biggest PR firms. It list of prestigious previous clients include the state of Kuwait, prior to and during the Gulf War. ;)

Last edited:

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
Just back from Luperon

Hi All,

Just got back from selling my sailboat in Luperon and it doesn't look like this thing is making much progress. I've been back three time in the last year and things are definitely moving very slow. They do have a guards in the area and if you take your dingy around near the land they'll come run you off. It's like they don't want you to see the progress, or lack of it.

Just an update.

Steve L

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Frenchmen's track record

I am not trying to spread unsubstantiated rumors, but isn't this French architect the same one who had a notable failure on St. Maarten with something called, incredibly, Snoopy Island?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

Nico

Feb 17, 2006
Hi Everyone,
New to the board here. I found it when trying to get info on the Atlantica project. I have read this thread and the other thread and it was very informative. Does anyone have any updates on the project? Is it still going forward or are they still have problems with the envirnomental and land owenrship issues? If anyone has any updated information it would be much appreciated. If I could ask one more question, what is the investment market like in the DR roght now? If someone wanted to come to the DR and develop a project with someone from there are there good opportunites available, and if so what area's do you think are the best?
Again, thanks for any information or advice in advance.

Nico

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
As far as I know, the Atlantica project is dead in the water. I am not sure what happened to the people who already pre-purchased land or condos.

There are many opportunities in the DR, however, doing business here can be quite frustrating and requires a lot of resilience.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Atlantica - Again

This is in response to a DR1er who posted a question about this project on a purpose created thread, but I can't seem to find the thread. For this reason I created this one.

Their website is still available, I suppose contacting them directly will give you the answer to whether this project is still a go or a flop. Chances are that it's still on, this project has received attention from people whose interest are of great importance (monetarily and otherwise). The project has also appeared as advertisement in prestigious magazines target to upper income Americans, including the exclusive Robbs Report magazine.

http://www.atlanticard.com/

-NALs