Boston-maine/PAN AM to pulled off Dominican republic

Dilettante

Nov 25, 2002
Am I to understand that they are withdrawing from the DOM Republic? I knew they "suspended" service from several cities (that they just started service to a few weeks ago) in the US citing fuel prices and "seasonally low bookings" from Sept thru sometime in Nov. Ya, right.

They are under investigation by the Inspector General and the addition of more aircraft has been delayed until the investigation is complete. There is no telling how long this will take. Because they only have 3 727's flying they can't continue to fly scheduled service and the 5 football charter contracts they have starting in (yup, you guessed it) September. The reason for pulling sched service is not fuel prices or bookings, it's biting off more than you can chew and then choking on it. They canned scheduled service for charters they promised they could do, period. It's nothing new. They do it all the time. They get the easy buck at the expense of the flying public.

It's interesting to note that Tim Mellon has been to PSM on a head-hunting mission lately, firing a bunch of employees. No word yet on who, but I can't help wishing that Dave Fink is on the list. Not likely, but I can dream. BMA's days are numbered.

Jun 5, 2004
Xpert said:
I really dont know what took them so long!!!

Lol! I really had no clue that they flew to the Dominican Republic. Where did they fly and from? I guess unless they were charter that not alot of people flew with them and that there plane was just simply taking up space.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
apdomini100max said:
Lol! I really had no clue that they flew to the Dominican Republic. Where did they fly and from? I guess unless they were charter that not alot of people flew with them and that there plane was just simply taking up space.

From BQN-SJU-SDQ
SJU-BQN-PUJ
BQN-PUJ
BQN-SDQ