Sun Village report

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
Hello all..Just back from Sun Village in POP. We had a terrific time again. Some info that may be helpful to those deciding on a resort:
ROOM: We had a delux room. Much nicer than the standards. Better balcony and furnishings. Marble bath and floor. Fridge stocked with water, soda and beer.
STAFF: The staff are always smiling! I never saw a frown! I know this sounds crazy..but its the truth. Very helpfull.
RESORT: This place is beautiful. Several pools. Several bars. Several restraunts. It is a very clean resort also. No dirt anywhere except under the grass! The lobby is large and airy with marble everywhere. SEVERAL STEPS. If you dont like walking..this is not the resort for you. I thought it was a nice balance between all the food I ate. It added the exercise I needed!!
FOOD: Excellent. It is better than the last time we were there, which was last year. The food wasnt bad then, but it is ever better now.
BEACH: its cleaner than last year. I noticed staff members raking more this trip.
All in all.. I rate Sun Village an A+ resort.

calbano

Aug 11, 2005
sun village

well my stay was what i expected except 1 thing. Dont ever use there phones for any reason ,go buy a phone card and use pay phone , dont leave any money by accedent hidden because they will find it . The stare thing is a unserstatement lol. If your over 50 watch out or be willing to stay in one place for the day. As far as the resevations for dinner, dont bother. Better food in the all day resterant. Domincans dont do well with mexican or tai food. If your smart you will take a bus to the town and have a good meal beause they dont even have there own food there. Very dissapointed....