PAL Video ->NTSC VIDEO in Dom.Rep./Puerto Plata

M

Markus Schott

I will go to Puerto Plata on 15. Oct. for visiting my girlfriend. From MAy until August she was in Austria in the Country where i am living for 3 mounth vacations. I made a 2 hour Video for here to remeber the time when she was here in Austria an she would like to show everything to her family. The problem i have is the Viedo is in PAL-format(the european system). Is there any posibility to make a convertion in Dominican Rep./Puerto Plata or St. Domingo? Does anyone know where it is posible? Or has anyone in DR the oportunity to play back a Pal-Video on the video-recorder to show everything to my girlfriends family?

D

DR One

Re: PAL Video ->NTSC VIDEO in Dom.Rep./Puerto P

This is possible in Santo Domingo at the Video Europa store which is on Avenida R?mulo Betancourt, not too far from Winston Churchill. They have a big sign, and you can't miss it. It is on the southern part of the avenue.

J

Joanne

The scuba and wedding companies have the ability to convert from PAL to ntsc, don't know if they would have the time or what the charges would be. Email if you want me to try to get info for you.

A

Alexandra Peek

I've had the same problem, but the other way around. I'm from Holland and I was on a holiday with a Canadian girl. I bought tape, we taped with her camera, I got home and I couldn't watch the video because it was on a different frequency level. So I had to take two tapes to a shop to "translate" them. It costed me about 115 USD for about 90 minutes, but thank God I can watch my tape on my own video in Europe right now!

Alexandra